December 2019 BFR

Thread: Old MM Floyd Rose replacement

User Info Menu

Old MM Floyd Rose replacement

Hi there

I am owning an old Silhouette with Floyd Rose. Now the blocking mechanism for the strings on the bridge are not correctly working anymore. So I am trying to get spare or replacement parts. Or may be replacing the whole system. Everything I have tried failed. A Gotoh Floyd does not fit, Gotoh saddles do not fit. Even the small lock inserts to fix the strings do not fit.
    Sorry but I have to say that MM designed scrap at this place. Does someone have an idea?
    Last edited by Wickie; 10-19-2019 at 12:43 PM.

User Info Menu

Did you look at fu-tone.com?

User Info Menu

Who made the Floyd Rose units for EBMM Back in those days? Seems kinda odd that none of the current makes would be compatible with the stud spacing. I also thought that the lock block size was pretty much the same for just about every floyd. Maybe the saddles themselves need the front where the block presses resurfaced.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

The old floyd roses where made by Gotoh.
    Quote Originally Posted by tbonesullivan View Post
    Who made the Floyd Rose units for EBMM Back in those days? Seems kinda odd that none of the current makes would be compatible with the stud spacing. I also thought that the lock block size was pretty much the same for just about every floyd. Maybe the saddles themselves need the front where the block presses resurfaced.
    Can you upload some pictures?
    The saddle block from Floyd Rose should work fine. I have used those before.
    Last edited by crywolf71; 10-28-2019 at 12:39 PM.
    EVH trans Gold
    EVH Blue
    EVH Red quilted
    EVH Pink
    EVH Black
    EVH Red tiger
    EVH Natural
    EVH Purple
    EVH Sunburst
    EVH Green

Gear
    Kemper Profiler amp, effects rack, 2 home made thiele cabs.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crywolf71 View Post
    The old floyd roses where made by Gotoh.
    I talked to ernie ball, and they told me the same thing. They would replace the trem if needed, but because the newer floyd is made in house, it would involve doweling and new studs in addition to a new floyd. It's not a direct drop in replacement.