The Vault
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pete DuBaldo's Diablo Blue Exclusive Run 10-23-2019

User Info Menu

Pete DuBaldo's Diablo Blue Exclusive Run - The Return of Rosewood!

Here's an official heads-up for some of you who may not have seen the teasers on our Facebook page!

The Diablo Blue exclusive run was designed by Pete DuBaldo (hey, that's me!) from DuBaldo Music Center in collaboration with Ernie Ball Music Man. A tremendous thanks to the entire Ball Family & staff at the MusicMan factory who graciously spent a lot of time helping me create this awesome exclusive run.

While visiting the Ernie Ball Music Man factory earlier this year I selected a new pearl/metallic blue with a high-gloss finish, accompanied by a never before used hand-rubbed blue stain for models with maple tops.

The guitars in this exclusive run all feature solid rosewood necks with ebony fretboards and stainless steel frets. The basses in this exclusive run feature roasted maple necks with ebony fingerboards and stainless steel frets. Standard body woods, inlays, and electronics are complimented by chrome hardware.

Our first dealer-exclusive run is limited to just 5 pieces for each model, and yes, they include a certificate of authenticity.

The naming of the color "Diablo" blue is a humorous play on how people commonly mispronounce the DuBaldo family name - and yes, I'm serious - it happens on a weekly basis!

These instruments will be arriving from now through the next 3 months give or thereabouts.

Estimated instrument arrival schedule:

October and early November - JP15 & Axis Semi-Hollow

November - Luke 3 HH & StingRay Special Basses

December - JP6 w/ piezo & JP inlays (original model)

DuBaldo Music Exclusive Run of Ernie Ball Music Man instruments - Diablo Blue

Last edited by PeteDuBaldo; 10-23-2019 at 09:17 AM.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

8 days till my birthday

User Info Menu

Diablo "Pete Rocks!" Blue!!!

edit... I rarely get 'jealous' about anything, but I'd LOVE to have a Diablo Blue Armada like yours... just sayin'....
    Last edited by xjbebop; 10-22-2019 at 04:17 PM.
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Holy underwear!
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

Very cool Pete, was wondering when these would make an appearance. Looking forward to seeing all of them!!

User Info Menu

Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter

User Info Menu

Very cool - can't wait to see the Lukes- The Armada looks great

User Info Menu

Wow Pete, that's really great!!! Congrats!!!!

So, question, since it's a US exclusive, can you still not sell international, or is this different, just curious.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Duuude, they're doing a semi-hollow for this run? That's cool. If it was in the budget I would be all over the semi.
    '14 GC HSHP
    '14 ASS Semi HHP - Black Cherry Burst
    '14 ASS Semi MM90 - Honey Burst
    '16 Axis - Trans Gold Quilt

Fractal AX-8
    Bad Cat 2x12
    Seymour Duncan PowerStage 170
    Headrush FRFR-112

User Info Menu

...dear.....lord.....if only i had the money

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    Very cool - can't wait to see the Lukes- The Armada looks great
    Thanks, this was a fun run to put together! The Lukes should start arriving in November
    Visit the all new

User Info Menu

Amazing!!!

User Info Menu

Man, if I hadn't just dropped 6K on brass instruments in the past 4 months...

But, which one to get???

Will they all have figured maple tops, or is that just limited to the guitars that usually have them?
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tbonesullivan View Post
    Man, if I hadn't just dropped 6K on brass instruments in the past 4 months...

But, which one to get???

Will they all have figured maple tops, or is that just limited to the guitars that usually have them?
    The body woods are all standard, so only the JP15 and Axis Semi-Hollow have maple tops.
    Visit the all new

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDuBaldo View Post
    Thanks, this was a fun run to put together! The Lukes should start arriving in November
    Please let us know when we can hit the buy button. Also, instead of the normal pearl fretmarkers on the fretboard you should have made `D`:s and a bad ass Dubaldo Reserve 12th fret inlay I totally get why EBMM doesn`t want that and these will sell like Budweiser on Superbowl anyway