Gifts for guitarists
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strat style

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jmmp View Post
    Iíd say the only negative is that the battery is required to pass signal, but in a year and a half of owning it, I havenít had to change the battery.
    This is my only complaint. Not super stoked about being battery reliant...but that's good to hear about the longevity. i'm assuming it's a 9v under the pickguard...
    EBMM 1998 Axis Sport
    EBMM 2016 Cutlass

"The road to hell is paved with adverbs." Stephen King

User Info Menu

It is 9volt but it’s not under pick guard. Battery box in back of body
    Albert Lee HH - White
    Cutlass RS SSS - Ivory White
    Cutlass RS HSS - Firemist Silver
    Cutlass Hunter Hayes - Lake Tahoe Blue
    St Vincent - BFR Trans Gold
    American Vintage 59 Strat - Sherwood Green

User Info Menu

I don't think I've ever changed my battery either. It isn't a big deal. The silent circuit is well worth the price of a one dollar 9V.

Axis Hardtail TransPurple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)

User Info Menu

After playing a Silver Sky...I liked it...but elected to go with a more budget friendly (and lets be honest, I havent met an EBMM neck that didnt feel right) used 2016 Cutlass (white with maple board).

Thanks a ton for all the feedback. Buying a guitar online, unplayed is nervewracking to say the least, but I feel confident that the quality of the brand will make this a pleasant experience.

I will post pics when she arrives.
    EBMM 1998 Axis Sport
    EBMM 2016 Cutlass

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wesman11483 View Post
    After playing a Silver Sky...I liked it...but elected to go with a more budget friendly (and lets be honest, I havent met an EBMM neck that didnt feel right) used 2016 Cutlass (white with maple board).

Thanks a ton for all the feedback. Buying a guitar online, unplayed is nervewracking to say the least, but I feel confident that the quality of the brand will make this a pleasant experience.

I will post pics when she arrives.
    She's out for delivery and I've already got the itch!

SSS vs HSS...those of you with both, do you have a preference?

I've always been a humbucker guy, so don't want to prematurely run out on the bridge single, but for the price I think I won regardless of whether I convert it or not!
    EBMM 1998 Axis Sport
    EBMM 2016 Cutlass

User Info Menu

Strat style-img_3854-jpg

Here she is
    EBMM 1998 Axis Sport
    EBMM 2016 Cutlass

User Info Menu

Congrats! I’d play it as is for a while.

User Info Menu

Congrats! Iíd play it as is for a while.

User Info Menu

Congrats man. Welcome to the Cutlass club... love mine. Beautiful machine!!
    -Spike
    @blueavngr

2017 Valentine- Starry Night
    2015 JP15 Blueberry (63/300)

2019 Cutlass SSS Vintage Sunburst

"I don't sell my guitars-- they are like ex-girlfriends. You get tired with them and toss them to the side... but then, every once in a whileÖ Damn! You really want to play with them again."

User Info Menu

A bit late on the thread so Congratulations
    My take would have been The Silver Sky has a 7.25" Radius which is why I sold both my older Jap Strat and Tele both having the same radii.
    If you prefer a lower action 7.25"radius is not for you.
    Over the last 35 years I've had Strats of various flavours from Artist signature Clapton version, ,USA Deluxe,USA standard ,Custom shop Jap,Mex,versions etc and the Cutlass blows them all away.
    I sold ALL my Fender strats when I got my hands on a Cutlass.10" radius ,Stainless frets, almost silent single coils and the neck is out of this world.
    Welcome to the Cutlass club.
    Last edited by Pops; 12-02-2019 at 06:55 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    A bit late on the thread so Congratulations
    My take would have been The Silver Sky has a 7.25" Radius which is why I sold both my older Jap Strat and Tele both having the same radii.
    If you prefer a lower action 7.25"radius is not for you.
    Over the last 35 years I've had Strats of various flavours from Artist signature Clapton version, ,USA Deluxe,USA standard ,Custom shop Jap,Mex,versions etc and the Cutlass blows them all away.
    I sold ALL my Fender strats when I got my hands on a Cutlass.10" radius ,Stainless frets, almost silent single coils and the neck is out of this world.
    Welcome to the Cutlass club.
    Bebop approves of this post...
    Balls are Best!!