Mariposa Green

Thread: new to JP15 - need pointers if you have them

User Info Menu

new to JP15 - need pointers if you have them

Just got the JP15(traded for a PRS 24 custom) and love the feel of the guitar. I need more information on it though and can't seem to find a manual.

I understand the specifics of the split coil, 20db boost, piezo pickups and such, but there are no instructions of how to adjust the variable boost, piezo tones and the basic operation of the guitar.

Also, has anyone made a stereo wireless unit for these stereo guitars or are people using 2 systems for L&R signals?

I am excited to have this guitar and I want to make sure I honor it by using it skillfully for live and recording. I am putting it into a Fractal Axe FX III. Looking forward to hearing great things!

User Info Menu

piezo control is at the back of the body. just by the instrument jack, you can adjust the boost db, piezo mix, bass and treble.

JP6 Stealth Black
    JPX-6 Silverburst Custom
    Majesty Glacial Frost
    Majesty Monarchy Black Knight
    SBMM JP100D

Daniel is offline Ernie Ball, Inc. Ernie Ball Customer Service

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by guitarmech111 View Post
    Just got the JP15(traded for a PRS 24 custom) and love the feel of the guitar. I need more information on it though and can't seem to find a manual.

I understand the specifics of the split coil, 20db boost, piezo pickups and such, but there are no instructions of how to adjust the variable boost, piezo tones and the basic operation of the guitar.

Also, has anyone made a stereo wireless unit for these stereo guitars or are people using 2 systems for L&R signals?

I am excited to have this guitar and I want to make sure I honor it by using it skillfully for live and recording. I am putting it into a Fractal Axe FX III. Looking forward to hearing great things!
    Hi guitarmech111, Welcome to the Ernie Ball Music Man family! To adjust the boost on, you can turn the guitar over and see some labeled holes on the control cavity cover. Inside those holes are small potentiometers that will let you control the amount of boost, as well as the piezo/mag mix and EQ. Use a small philips head screwdriver to adjust the pots. From the factory we ship it with the boost set to 20db and the mix about equal. However, you can adjust it to your preference. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me an email at customerexperience@ernieball.com.

User Info Menu

Thank you both for the feedback. I will check those out.

What polish/cleaner should we use for the finish and then the neck?

What are the setup specks for the strings and pickup?

This is a beautiful guitar and want to make sure It looks great at all times!

Thank you both again for your feedback.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by guitarmech111 View Post
    Thank you both for the feedback. I will check those out.

What polish/cleaner should we use for the finish and then the neck?

What are the setup specks for the strings and pickup?

This is a beautiful guitar and want to make sure It looks great at all times!

Thank you both again for your feedback.
    The Ernie Ball polish and cloth work great for keeping your guitar clean. You can find them on our website here: Instrument Care | Ernie Ball
    For the neck, we have a care guide, that we can email to you if you want to reach out to customerexperience@erneiball.com. However, for general cleaning, we recommend a wipe down with a soft cloth after playing and using either the Ernie Ball Wonder Wipes fretboard conditioner or a high grade lemon oil for the fretboard and the back of the neck. You can find out Wonder Wipes on our website here: Instrument Care | Ernie Ball

Let me know if you have any other questions.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    For the neck, we have a care guide, that we can email to you if you want to reach out to customerexperience@erneiball.com. However, for general cleaning, we recommend a wipe down with a soft cloth after playing and using either the Ernie Ball Wonder Wipes fretboard conditioner or a high grade lemon oil for the fretboard and the back of the neck. You can find out Wonder Wipes on our website here: Instrument Care | Ernie Ball

Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Daniel, any chance this could be a sticky or a page on the MM website?

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    Daniel, any chance this could be a sticky or a page on the MM website?

Glenn |B)
    Hi Glenn,
    Some of the info is in our current FAQ. FAQ | Ernie Ball Music Man
    I'll work on getting a sticky here for the neck care guide.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Hi Glenn,
    Some of the info is in our current FAQ. FAQ | Ernie Ball Music Man
    I'll work on getting a sticky here for the neck care guide.
    Cool, thanx Daniel!!!

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"