Strap Blocks

Thread: Silhouette bass 6

User Info Menu

Silhouette bass 6

i went to play it today and the darn truss rod adjustment does not do anything! it turns either way but the neck does not flex at all. the relief is too much now..... what should i do? thanks.

User Info Menu

How long have you had the bass, and are you the original owner? Has the truss rod wheel worked at adjusting the neck previously?
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

im not the original owner, its a 2007 but you would not know it......it worked fine up till yesterday when i tried to play it. turned the adjustment and nothing.....i wrote musician but no reply yet.

User Info Menu

im not the original owner, its a 2007 but you would not know it......it worked fine up till yesterday when i tried to play it. turned the adjustment and nothing.....i wrote musician but no reply yet. ty for the reply....

User Info Menu

Give them a call during business hours tomorrow 866-823-2255 they are very helpful on the phone.

Have you tried flexing the neck yet? It's rare but sometimes the truss rod can stick, which makes it appear that the wheel isn't doing anything.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

Hmmm. If it was my guitar/bass, I would pull the neck, and then unscrew the truss rod nut all the way off to see what I can see. It's not common, but sometimes the nut ltself can have the "wheel" break off the end, so turning it isn't actually doing anything.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

i will try that.. ty

User Info Menu

ok took the neck off, tried to flex it a bit and it did nothing. its actually worse now. the wheel moves in and out but no real effect on the neck.......... ebmm quoted me $500 for a new neck!!!!!!!!!!