Mariposa Green

Thread: Build Code Database ?

User Info Menu

Build Code Database ?

The Serial lookup page on the EBMM site is really useful but I have recently got hold of a 2000 Axis Sport (shipped from Italy to UK) and it looks like it has been refinished at some point in the last 20ish years. The refinish looks very professional and is a sort of royal blue but the still visible build code 360-71-20-00 sticker, which matches the serial number lookup, seems to indicate it was a "burst" of some description. I can still make out some of the original finish in one of the painting stick holes behind the neck plate that looks like a tobacco or dark sunburst.

Just a little intrigued - does anyone have or know where to find a database of the build codes online. No luck with any searches yet.

The guitar was bought for a long term project build (Brian May Red Special Axis in the footsteps of Ritchie Castellano and Jamie Humphries) so will probably end up Heritage Cherry and as it is no longer original (looks like it's had covered pickups in the past although it came with at least one dimarzio, the other is unmarked but looks identical) I am not too worried about putting it back to original spec (I have six other mostly original SS Axis models anyway).
    2000 Axis SuperSport w/Piezo Black Sparkle
    2000 Axis Red Special Sport
    2000 Axis SuperSport w/Piezo and Classic Trem Purple Trans
    2007 Axis Supersport MM90/Piezo Gloss Black
    2012 Axis SuperSport w/Piezo Red Translucent Quilt
    2016 Axis Semi Tobacco Burst
    2017 BFR Axis Super Sport Trans Black Mahogany body/Wenge Neck
    2010 Reflex H Bass
    2010 OLP Axis 12 String
    2010 OLP Axis Doubleneck
    2010 OLP Axis MMAF/TBL

User Info Menu

71 is the color code for Vintage Sunburst.

There is no online database for build codes but there might be some old product catalogs visible in Google image search that show the body and color codes.
    Last edited by PeteDuBaldo; 11-29-2019 at 06:33 AM.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

Let's see it???

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

This is a picture from the reverb ad - Music Man Axis Sport 1998 Blue | Reverb

I have over the last two days stripped it down and there are traces of a tobacco type finish but only in the the cavities. I have to say that the refinish was really well done.
    2000 Axis SuperSport w/Piezo Black Sparkle
    2000 Axis Red Special Sport
    2000 Axis SuperSport w/Piezo and Classic Trem Purple Trans
    2007 Axis Supersport MM90/Piezo Gloss Black
    2012 Axis SuperSport w/Piezo Red Translucent Quilt
    2016 Axis Semi Tobacco Burst
    2017 BFR Axis Super Sport Trans Black Mahogany body/Wenge Neck
    2010 Reflex H Bass
    2010 OLP Axis 12 String
    2010 OLP Axis Doubleneck
    2010 OLP Axis MMAF/TBL

User Info Menu

Nice and the refinish job looks really good on it, very fitting!! Congrats.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

What makes you think the pickups aren't original?