The Vault
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Story + pics] Armada discontinued, you say? I'd better stock up!

User Info Menu

Those are great looking guitars! Nicely done.
    Starry Night LIII HH
    Bali Burst LIII HH
    some other LIIIs
    25th Anniversary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BUC View Post
    I have that (almost) exact black Armada. It's an amazing guitar.

Had a similar sitch with the Reflex. Now I have 2 as the Reflex is my main axe.
    I just love the design. It looks so unique yet plays and sounds so familiar. And the playability is just out of this world. I would love to see some backstory on the construction method behind it, because it's the only neck-through guitar I have ever seen with a neck pitch and an angled headstock. I might make a thread about that, actually.

I love the Reflex too! In between getting these Armadas, I also picked up a mint Reflex HSHP Gamechanger for a flat $1k that I could not pass up. Really, really nice guitar as well. The HSH GC has direct-mounted pickups instead of EBMM's super-adjustable pickup rings so the middle pickup interferes with my pick a bit sometimes, but since this thing is 99% a studio instrument, I'm not too worried about it. It's a better strat I've ever had, haha.

User Info Menu

Both are awesome, but I have to say I like the black more. Something about a Black Armada reminds me of a chopper (bike). Y'all should have gotten one in the hands of Hetfield :P

Also a Reflex owner here.. I see a trend here.. do we Reflex owners all love the Armada?

User Info Menu

I'd like to get my hands on a black Armada, either trans black or all black (and no, I won't give up my blue one!)
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band