Strap Blocks

Thread: Music Man JP Piezo Battery Compartment

User Info Menu

Music Man JP Piezo Battery Compartment

I've got a 2014 Music Man John Petrucci Piezo model. Looking for a replacement battery compartment (it takes a 9v battery on the back) since I managed to crack the one on my guitar. Been looking for part numbers and places to order. I live in India so very few (i.e. ZERO) places here that readily stock those parts. Any pointers welcome.
    TIA
    Ameya

User Info Menu

Hiya and welcome .
    As they commonly say on here - "The guitar doesn't exist without pics" ....so we'd love to see your guitar?

The battery compartment is a proprietary part - i.e. it's used on many guitars and you should be able to track one down. try messaging Beej on here- he's the electronics wiz kid.
    I've changed a few and my biggest tip is to leave the red and black wires attached to the new battery compartment and splice them to the existing guitar cables using electrical solder and heat shrink. Theres' a risk of melting the contact points on the new box if you use too much heat via the soldering iron.
    Last edited by Spudmurphy; 12-18-2019 at 06:06 AM.
    Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112:

User Info Menu

The easiest thing is probably to order from MM directly. I'd contact Daniel- customerservice@ernieball.com and see if they'll ship to you.

Daniel is online now Ernie Ball, Inc. Ernie Ball Customer Service

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ameyakapnadak View Post
    I've got a 2014 Music Man John Petrucci Piezo model. Looking for a replacement battery compartment (it takes a 9v battery on the back) since I managed to crack the one on my guitar. Been looking for part numbers and places to order. I live in India so very few (i.e. ZERO) places here that readily stock those parts. Any pointers welcome.
    TIA
    Ameya
    Hi there, Reach out to me at customerexperience@ernieball.com and I'll help you find distributor in your area.