Mariposa Green

Thread: Albert Lee Pickup Question

User Info Menu

Albert Lee Pickup Question

Just got an Albert Lee in a trade, but couldn't get much info about it. It's had at least the bridge pickup replaced with a humbucker. Anybody recognize the specific model? Think the singles are original?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36109
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Albert Lee Pickup Question-82ef7062-32b0-46a7-9491-394a0866b5b0-jpg  

User Info Menu

Hard to know which Seymour Duncan that is. You'd have to take the guard off and look at the label on the back.

Not sure, but the other two don't look original either, by the polepiece heights. If the bridge was replaced, they've probably put noiseless in the other spots as well.

User Info Menu

Thx. I was afraid I would have to dig around to figure out the specifics. This is the bridge, original?

Albert Lee Pickup Question-ef1b07e6-e0bf-44c1-ae70-0db2be17c7a8-jpg

User Info Menu

The bridge is correct, however the saddles have been changed. Normally they come with vintage (bent) saddles- these are block ones. Less "zing". Personal preference. Looks like the previous owner was going for more superstrat than classic strat.

You can get the original saddles from MM btw.

User Info Menu

Cool, thx. Whatever he was going for, it sounds and plays beautifully. Good to know a bit more about it, tho.

User Info Menu

Looks like the little 59 to me
    Albert Lee HH - White
    Cutlass RS SSS - Ivory White
    Cutlass RS HSS - Firemist Silver
    Cutlass Hunter Hayes - Lake Tahoe Blue
    St Vincent - BFR Trans Gold
    American Vintage 59 Strat - Sherwood Green

User Info Menu

Nice. That's all that matters.

Daniel is offline Ernie Ball, Inc. Ernie Ball Customer Service

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doug OC View Post
    Thx. I was afraid I would have to dig around to figure out the specifics. This is the bridge, original?

Albert Lee Pickup Question-ef1b07e6-e0bf-44c1-ae70-0db2be17c7a8-jpg
    This is the correct bridge plate. However, the previous owner changed out the saddles to our solid steel saddles from the Super Sport Axis. This is common for people who have trouble resting their hand on the saddle height screws on the vintage saddles. If you would like to put the original saddle back on it, reach out to me at customerexperience@ernieball.com and we'll help you find what you need.
    The pickups are not original. Seymour Duncan makes a variety of mini-humbuckers. If you look at the back of the pickup it should tell you what it is.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    This is the correct bridge plate. However, the previous owner changed out the saddles to our solid steel saddles from the Super Sport Axis. This is common for people who have trouble resting their hand on the saddle height screws on the vintage saddles. If you would like to put the original saddle back on it, reach out to me at customerexperience@ernieball.com and we'll help you find what you need.
    The pickups are not original. Seymour Duncan makes a variety of mini-humbuckers. If you look at the back of the pickup it should tell you what it is.
    Thx, Daniel. Appreciate the info.