The Vault

Thread: Help with JP 6 pups

User Info Menu

Help with JP 6 pups

Hello everyone.
    I recently purchased a used 2013 JP6 in stealth black. serial number confirmed. when checking the pups to see if they were stock I noticed the numbers don't match up to the crunch lab (DP228) and liquifier (DP227). The bridge pup looks like a CL but has the # BHWP4BBKL 676249 and the Neck pup had a similar number. Does anyone know if these are early CL/Liq pups or are these different pups entirely. I can't find any info online. Thanks

Dave

User Info Menu

Those numbers should have been on a thin white sticker underneath and are consistent with how the pickups are labeled for EBMM (they don't use the DP number).

I'll check the set I have tomorrow, but based on the number you posted yours are likely correct/original if they look correct.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

yes the numbers are on a thin white sticker on the bottom side of the pup. I should have mentioned that I have a crunch lab and liquifer set I bought for another guitar and the stickers on the bottom read DP228FBKU 118582 for the crunch lab and something similar for the liquifer. I Believe it was DP227FNKU. So you can see where my confusion lies

Daniel is offline Ernie Ball, Inc. Ernie Ball Customer Service

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Downfiredave View Post
    Hello everyone.
    I recently purchased a used 2013 JP6 in stealth black. serial number confirmed. when checking the pups to see if they were stock I noticed the numbers don't match up to the crunch lab (DP228) and liquifier (DP227). The bridge pup looks like a CL but has the # BHWP4BBKL 676249 and the Neck pup had a similar number. Does anyone know if these are early CL/Liq pups or are these different pups entirely. I can't find any info online. Thanks

Dave
    Hi there, These numbers are used by Dimarzio and not by Ernie Ball Music Man. However, the BHWP4BBKL number is consistent with numbers on other Crunchlab pickups we currently have in the factory.

User Info Menu

Thanks Daniel, Glad to know they are original CL/Liq pups.