New Prodigy
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Music Man Amps

User Info Menu

I don't care for Mesa amps, due to them having too many control knobs on the front panel. Music Man amps have the basic controls, easy to use and you get a great sound from them.

User Info Menu

I love my Fender Super Sonic 22 paired with my Axis SS, so much so that I bought 2 alone, that just stay at the Church I play at, HOWEVER considering the quality of anything EBMM....need I say more, I would not hesitate to get one of their MM Amps if they made one around 18 - 30 watts, and I am so confident in the company it would not matter to me if it was tube or solid state... just sayin

User Info Menu

The "New" MM amps were developed by the guy in Markbass.
    They were supposed to replicate the original MM amps. I saw them at an exhibition in the UK - my findings were that they used neodymium speakers and a power switching supply rather than conventional speakers / mains transformer.
    I have both an original RD50 and an RP65.
    I use the RD50 regularly live ... but IMO the RP65 was a better amp - it loves having guitar pedals in front.
    So i'll let you make your own minds up ... but you guys in the US can still pick up second hand MM amps quite cheap.
    If they were plentiful over here in the UK and I had a big car/van and a back made of iron I'd get the 4 x 10 model al la Johnny Winter
    Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    I don't care for Mesa amps, due to them having too many control knobs on the front panel. Music Man amps have the basic controls, easy to use and you get a great sound from them.
    Ah, I can understand that. There's a tradeoff here though, since the knobs and mode switching make a difference and you can get so many tones from one. But yes, sometimes it's better to not overthink it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by click track View Post
    I love my Fender Super Sonic 22 paired with my Axis SS, so much so that I bought 2 alone, that just stay at the Church I play at, HOWEVER considering the quality of anything EBMM....need I say more, I would not hesitate to get one of their MM Amps if they made one around 18 - 30 watts, and I am so confident in the company it would not matter to me if it was tube or solid state... just sayin
    I also love my Fender Super Sonic 22.I have the Fender Super-Sonic 22 V-Custom Limited edition version of it.Only 150 were made for worldwide distribution. You can check it out on YooChoob.Of the 150 only 9 of them made it to the UK so I guess I was just lucky to be in the right place at the right time with an understanding wife.Paired with my Cutlass for me it is the ultimate. .Back on topic I remember adverts from the 70's with Eric Clapton using Music Man amps.There's a photo of Blackie leaning against a MM combo on the cover of the Cream of Clapton CD.

http://www.ilbaluardo.com/Cover/Audi...0-%20Front.jpg
    Last edited by Pops; 12-24-2019 at 04:25 AM.

User Info Menu

Be kind of cool but feel there are enough good amps out there already. Hard to compete with established amp brands and the chinese seem to be putting out some good cheap products.
    GUITARS
    Blueberry Luke III HH BFR
    Bahama Luke 2 BFR
    Shadow gold luke III BFR

User Info Menu

If I remember right they never found distribution in the US. Did see and play one several years back at the Dallas International Guitar Show. Nice amp, tried to get Derek and Glen to sell it to me but they could not do it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    You know, not all Mesa Boogie amps are like the Mark IV and Mark V. They have plenty of "simple" amplifiers too.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

Mini Rectifiers are pretty simple -- sound good too.