2020 StingRay Special colors

Thread: Majesty and the Tremelno...

User Info Menu

Majesty and the Tremelno...

I just purchased a 2019 Majesty and been told by some folks that I need a tremelno in order to keep tuning on point if Iím going to tune down/up a lot. Other say no... I know floating bridges like the floyd rose donít do well when changing tuning but how about this one? Thx in advance

User Info Menu

It's a floating bridge so you'll probably want a tremelno if you're going to change tunings a lot. You could maybe get away with just drop D but if you're doing multiple strings it's going to cause issues.

User Info Menu

With a floating bridge even drop D will require retuning. I'm considering a similar device for one of my guitars because it will come in handy when teaching.
    Forum Moderator, Guitar Teacher and Guitar Tech, Folder of Underpants, Stubber of Toes.
    Irish/American in Paris

Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Click here for my EBMM photo ablumbs

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

User Info Menu

A floating trem balances string tension with spring tension. So yes, anytime you change tuning, the trem is going to move and rest in a different place (making the tuning change difficult to do).

Add me to the 'I need one too' list. I'm playing my Luke a lot more and I'd like to use with the band, but we do one set dropped half a step. So I either have to block the trem for down only, or get something like the tremol-no.

Hey Kev- if you do it, let me know how it goes.

User Info Menu

Hi there,

Quick fix for the different tunings and floating bridge is to get different guitars. It really is the perfect excuse to increase you inventory of EBMM guitars.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mace13 View Post
    Hi there,

Quick fix for the different tunings and floating bridge is to get different guitars. It really is the perfect excuse to increase you inventory of EBMM guitars.
    Or, if all you need to do is change overall pitch, i.e. E std down to D or C std, if you can afford an Axe FX III, you can use the Virtual Capo mode of the Pitch block. Not cheap, but cheaper than multiple high end guitars.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    EBMM Artisan Majesty 7 Nero
    EBMM Majesty 6 Arctic Dream
    EBMM Monarchy Majesty 6 Imperial Blue
    EBMM JP6 BFR Solar Burst
    EBMM JP16 6
    EBMM Cutlass SSS Turquoise
    Taylor 414CE
    Mesa Boogie JP2C

User Info Menu

You know, the real answer is just to buy another Luke and tune it to Eb
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LesPaul View Post
    ... if you can afford an Axe FX III, you can use the Virtual Capo mode of the Pitch block.
    Digitech's Drop pedal is convincingly good, too. But it's not quite the same as having the guitar resonate in the key you're playing in, just feels off (and you don't get the same natural feedback).