BFR Feb 2020

Thread: New Year's in SLO

User Info Menu

New Year's in SLO

I'll be spending this holiday season with my in-laws in San Luis Opisbo...what's the deal with tours? Is this even an option? Would love to check out the mother ship.
    EBMM 1998 Axis Sport
    EBMM 2016 Cutlass

"The road to hell is paved with adverbs." Stephen King

User Info Menu

I would email directly. Usually I don't believe that they offer tours, but the only way to find out is to email them.

Of course, holiday season for many businesses is either mostly vacation, or constant fire drill status.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

While touring the USA 3 years ago, I was driving 10 miles away from SLO. I couldn't resist and I showed up. (Though I had been warned they do NOT offer tours.) They were polite but I wasn't even allowed to have a look through an open door. I was still pleased to see the outside of the building where it all happens ! You might be luckier than me, who knows? And there is no big MM sign on the building so it is not so easy to find!
    Last edited by Magic Jason; 12-23-2019 at 03:42 AM.
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Candy Apple Red
    AL MM90 Sparkle Turquoise
    L3 HSS Olive Gold

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Jason View Post
    While touring the USA 3 years ago, I was driving 10 miles away from SLO. I couldn't resist and I showed up. (Though I had been warned they do NOT offer tours.) They were polite but I wasn't even allowed to have a look through an open door. I was still pleased to see the outside of the building where it all happens ! You might be luckier than me, who knows? And there is no big MM sign on the building so it is not so easy to find!
    Which actually makes perfect sense, I mean it`s a place of business where the instruments are actually being made every day. I work at an investment bank and ”fans” showing up for a tour would not make the front entrance for regulatory, safety, compliance reasons (we do not have any fans - we make money, not guitars).

With that said EBMM should shut down production one afternoon per year, invite all forum knuckleheads and take orders on the spot which most likely should make up for the down time revenue wise

User Info Menu

Yes, it's a gray factory building. Nothing fancy, no museum et rest. BTW I showed up in the Fender visitor center in Corona CA with a MusicMan T-Shirt some years's back when I stopped by. :-).

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    Which actually makes perfect sense, I mean it`s a place of business where the instruments are actually being made every day. I work at an investment bank and ”fans” showing up for a tour would not make the front entrance for regulatory, safety, compliance reasons (we do not have any fans - we make money, not guitars).

With that said EBMM should shut down production one afternoon per year, invite all forum knuckleheads and take orders on the spot which most likely should make up for the down time revenue wise
    I perfectly understand and respect MM "professional approach". I never complained in my post, just shared my experience. But once again, I live in Europe and was so close, I had to give it a shot. No regrets, no hard feelings.
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Candy Apple Red
    AL MM90 Sparkle Turquoise
    L3 HSS Olive Gold