The Vault

Thread: Help me choose my next Majesty guitar!

User Info Menu

Help me choose my next Majesty guitar!

Hi all,

TL/DR:
    To anyone who played with multiple Majesty's :
    - How do the Sonic Ecstasy, Illuminator and Dreamcatcher/Rainmaker compared?
    - How much of a difference do the Mahogany wings + Maple top do Versus no top + Basswood wing
    - Is there any other JP models that have the same neck size and shape of the Majesty?

Long Story / Blabla :
    I've purchased my first Majesty (and second EBMM guitar, had a JPX years ago) a few weeks ago.
    I absolutely fell in love with it after playing it, although I didn't dig the color much : Kinetic Blue.

The guitar just sounded and played so great. Neck shape and size was perfect!

All my other beloved instruments are sitting on the wall and each time I switch instruments (for a different tuning) and just have to go back to the Majesty. I've came to the realization : I need a second Majesty for a secondary tuning!

Looking for suggestions on which models to go with.
    Considering, I have a 6 string 2019 Kinetic Blue.

My initial thought have been to get a Stealth Black, but might as well go with one with a Maple top, Right? Or Perhaps with different pickups? Ohhh the dilemma...

My options :
    • 2019 model with Maple Top and mahogany wings : Enchanted Forest or Blue Honu, most likely
    • 2019 Stealth Black (This will pretty much sound the same as my current Kinectic Blue )
    • Monarchy Majesty(I get my wood difference, but also different pickups with the Sonic Ecstasy)
    • A 2018 model with the Illuminators Pickup.

User Info Menu

I say go with the Enchanted Forest, drop me a line - I've got a gorgeous one in stock!
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

Hi there, this is a clip I made about the defferent versions of the majesty. There are also a few sound examples. You can even jump between the guitars on YT. I hope this is helpfull. The Evolution of the Music Man John Petrucci Majesty Guitar - YouTube
    Regards, J
    JP6 PRB
    JP6 BFR TR
    JPX BFR Barolo
    JPXI BFR BX
    JP12 7 BFR CS
    JP15 BFR QM SB
    Majesty 7 Iced Crimson
    Majesty Artisan Nero
    Majesty 7 Monarchy Majestic Purple
    Majesty Tiger Eye

https://www.youtube.com/user/thejonemusik/

https://www.facebook.com/jonathannadjirimusic/

User Info Menu

They all sound pretty much the same. Regardless of wings or pickups. Not to mention, you can always swap pickups. Go with the one that looks best to you.

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    JP12 7 Cardinal Red F29322
    MAJESTY Glacial Frost M08083
    MAJESTY Ferrari Rosso M07113
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso M04775
    NOMAC MAJESTY Timeworn Matte Silver M06246
    MAJESTY Charred Silver Sparkle M08237
    MAJESTY Dargie 3 M08360