New Slinkys March 2020

Thread: Pickup covers for Sub Silhouette HSS

User Info Menu

Pickup covers for Sub Silhouette HSS

I wanna get rid of the ugly white pickups on my Sterling by Music Man Silhouette.
    Any recommendations?
    Open Humbucker covers? Closed?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pickup covers for Sub Silhouette HSS-2171fb91-5676-4b9b-a7af-f9d1cfdcc2c3-jpg  

User Info Menu

I hate to say it, but most people don't think those are ugly. That's a very popular color scheme for a guitar.

The single coil pickups have covers on them, so you may be able to find replacements for them, if you can find ones in the right size. The humbucker pickup would need to have a cover put on it, or replaced, as the bobbins themselves cannot be replaced.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

I think it looks pretty sharp, too.

If you were going to swap pickups, I'd look at different colors, covers for the HB, etc. But otherwise it might be more trouble than it's worth.

A quick 'n dirty option is to just put stickers on top of the bobbins. For $10 you'll be set, and hard pressed the tell the difference from a distance. (For example, a google search gave me Pickup Sticker Decal for Humbucker /DiMarzio DP100, there are tons of others.)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post
    I think it looks pretty sharp, too.

If you were going to swap pickups, I'd look at different colors, covers for the HB, etc. But otherwise it might be more trouble than it's worth.

A quick 'n dirty option is to just put stickers on top of the bobbins. For $10 you'll be set, and hard pressed the tell the difference from a distance. (For example, a google search gave me Pickup Sticker Decal for Humbucker /DiMarzio DP100, there are tons of others.)
    Stickers. Brilliant!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

If I were to replace the Humbucker what size would I need?

User Info Menu

A black guitar with white pickups ?

(sorry for the non-EBMM guitar, but it's just an illustration of the color scheme ...)

User Info Menu

Ahh yes, the most expensive electric guitar EVER sold. Owned by one of the most legendary guitarists ever.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck