New banner

Thread: Hey Alex Lifeson playing an ASS

User Info Menu

Hey Alex Lifeson playing an ASS

Like most other Rush fans, Neil's death has me on Youtube watching documentaries and interviews.... just coping with it. I was watching the companion video to Rush In Rio and lo and behold there's Big Al jamming on an ASS. It's around the 21:00 mark:

Rush - The Boys In Brazil Documentary - YouTube

Whether it's his personal guitar or someone else's (he practiced with the same guitar at multiple shows in the video), still cool to see him playing an EBMM.

User Info Menu

Thanks for mentioning this, I'll have to check it out.
    My Children
    Music Man JP6 Sky Blue
    SBMM AX40D (GC Exclusive) Officially purple but looks pink
    Peavey Wolfgang (Custom Shop) Dark Blue Flame Top, Rosewood fretboard
    Fender American (All Rosewood Neck) Daphne Blue, w/Custom Shop Fat 50's

User Info Menu

Thanks! Will watch!
    blueburst Steve Morse Standard, Jan 03, 2005
    pinkburst Albert Lee, Jul 13, 1994
    cinnamon SUB1, Mar 08, 2004
    vintage gold reflex, June 22, 2011

My Band: Groove Bang

User Info Menu

Hmmm... never noticed that before. I have that DVD. Will have to watch it again.

I too have been watching a lot of Rush videos and reading a lot of tributes by iconic musicians. One thing I have done in my sadness-induced funk... is take up drinking scotch. In particular, The Macallan (Neil's favorite drink). I've wanted to get into scotch for many years (see my screen name... which is related to my real name), but I'm not much of a drinker and really couldn't stand scotch, whiskey, or bourbon. Really, fruity mixrd vodka "chick drniks" are the only drinks I could stand. But I'm now halfway through a bottle of The Macallan 12 over the past couple of days and I think I can learn to like scotch... in limited quantities. Dunno if I'll ever be able to smoke a cigar (HATE smoking anything), but at least I can sip scotch at the tender age of 52.