Strap Blocks

Thread: Luke iii owners question on trem arm

User Info Menu

Luke iii owners question on trem arm

The trem arm is a bit long for my liking, has anyone modified this, is it possible to remove the tip and saw an inch off and push the tip back on the shortened arm?

User Info Menu

I’m sure you could. I shortened a Strat trem years ago. The plastic tip was screwed on and it worked fine just pressed on the shortened arm. You can always order a new trem arm from Music Man.

User Info Menu

I've thought about doing this myself, only thing that stands in the way is that the metal/plastic tip screws onto the end of the trem arm... you'd have to super glue it on to the arm or something after resizing it (or re-thread the arm), but as dude above mentioned above you can always order a replacement from EBMM.
    Reflex Game Changer HSHP

User Info Menu

Or get it rethreaded from a near by machine shop, most should be able to do it and it shouldn't cost that much.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"