New banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ernie ball guitars that have piezo pickups?

User Info Menu

Ernie ball guitars that have piezo pickups?

I was wondering which EB guitars have piezo pickups built-in? I am assuming all of Ernie ball's John Petrucci's guitars come with the Piezo pickup but was wondering if any other EB guitars might have them as well?

User Info Menu

I have an Axis SS and Game Changer with piezo. I think they have trimmed the number of piezo models in the past couple of years, so I'm not sure which guitars are currently being made with piezo.
    '14 GC HSHP
    '14 ASS Semi HHP - Black Cherry Burst
    '14 ASS Semi MM90 - Honey Burst
    '16 Axis - Trans Gold Quilt

Fractal AX-8
    Bad Cat 2x12
    Seymour Duncan PowerStage 170
    Headrush FRFR-112

User Info Menu

I think currently, other than the Petrucci models, the Hunter Hayes signature cutlass is the only one.
    2018 Valentine - Vintage Sunburst BFR
    2009 25th Anniversary - Venetian Redburst
    2018 StingRay - Trans Walnut BFR
    2012 Luke II HSS - Sledge
    2013 LIII HH - Olive Gold
    2014 ASS Semi-Hollow w/Piezo - Vintage Sunburst
    2010 Reflex - Vintage Gold
    2010 Reflex - Natural Quilt Top
    2012 Reflex Game Changer HSHP - Black
    2019 Valentine - Trans Satin TV Yellow w/MM90's

User Info Menu

I’ve seen the Axis Super Sport with piezo.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jlbasscatcher View Post
    I’ve seen the Axis Super Sport with piezo.
    Not anymore. They were discontinued in '14 or '15, I believe. I tried to get one in '16 and couldn't. Majesty and JP models are the only current ones I'm aware of.
    My stuff:
    2007 Axis Pacific Blue Burst (9/25/07)
    2016 Axis SS Starry Night PDN (11/23/16)
    2016 Axis SS Semi-Hollow Trans Teal one-off (6/8/16)
    2018 Axis BFR Steel Blue No. 45 (9/18/18)
    2010 JP6 Mystic Dream (6/22/10)
    1989 Fender HM Strat HSS Blackstone
    2016 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe Caribbean Night
    1995 Washburn N2 Padauk Stain
    2017 Taylor 224ce-K DLX Koa
    SBMM JP70 Trans Purpleburst
    SBMM S.U.B. SB4 Black

http://mountainkingmusic.com
    http://spychocyco.blogspot.com

Daniel is offline Ernie Ball, Inc. Ernie Ball Customer Service

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rivers View Post
    I was wondering which EB guitars have piezo pickups built-in? I am assuming all of Ernie ball's John Petrucci's guitars come with the Piezo pickup but was wondering if any other EB guitars might have them as well?
    Hi there, We currently offer piezo pickups on all the Petrucci model guitar and the Hunter Hayes Cutlass. You can view the JP models here: John Petrucci Collection | Ernie Ball Music Man and the Hunter Hayes Cutlass here: Hunter Hayes | Guitars | Ernie Ball Music Man

User Info Menu

Since the OP didn't specifically ask about "current production", you can find piezo saddles on older Silhouette Specials and I have seen at least one or two Albert Lees with piezo as well.

User Info Menu

RSG is correct.

The piezo option used to be offered on the Albert Lee, Axis SuperSport, JP6/7, Luke 2, Silhouette, Silhouette Special, 20th Anniversary Silhouette, GameChanger/Reflex, and a few BFR versions of those instruments as well.

As Daniel mentioned, currently the piezo is only offered (as a standard feature) on all of the JP & Hunter Hayes instruments.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

I love my piezo trems
    It is just the way to go
    93 Silhouette 96 Silhouette Recovered!2007.8.3 99 Silhouette Bass Guitar 00 Steve Morse 02 Sterling 02 Petrucci 02 Silhouette 04 Bongo 04 S.U.B. 05 Steve Morse Y2D 06 Silhouette 06 Petrucci 06 20th Anniversary Silhouette 06 20th Anniversary Silhouette 07 7 String 10 Honey Burst Silhouette 11Black Sugar Silhouette 12 Ash Floyd Silhouette

User Info Menu

I have a Silhouette Special hardtail with piezo.

User Info Menu

The Reflex Gamechanger piezo is awesome. I had no piezo guitars until that one and now I would have a difficult time buying a new one without it!

Piezo used to be the new-hotness but now it's tough to find, which is weird because with the current technology is more useful than ever. I don't even bring an acoustic to the gig anymore.
    Guitarist, Keyboardist, owner of the Academy of Noise and the Red Door Studio.
    Kansastribute.com

Armada, Gamechanger reflex, Y2D, JP6,, 25th Anniversary Reflex
    3 Stratocasters, RG3120, Variax, Stingray Bass.

User Info Menu

My Piezo Albert

Ernie ball guitars that have piezo pickups?-front10-jpg
    Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112:

User Info Menu

at first I was troubled with the lack of a switch for the AL and Silo piezo systems. Then I fell in love with it and wouldn't want it any other way. Knob placement on the Al Silo and Morse models are perfect.
    Watching Steve Morse Manipulate the volume and tone knobs is an amazing thing to see .
    93 Silhouette 96 Silhouette Recovered!2007.8.3 99 Silhouette Bass Guitar 00 Steve Morse 02 Sterling 02 Petrucci 02 Silhouette 04 Bongo 04 S.U.B. 05 Steve Morse Y2D 06 Silhouette 06 Petrucci 06 20th Anniversary Silhouette 06 20th Anniversary Silhouette 07 7 String 10 Honey Burst Silhouette 11Black Sugar Silhouette 12 Ash Floyd Silhouette

User Info Menu

Newbie question: Do the EB guitars with piezo pickups work using a Y-cable or do they have 2 seperate jacks (1 for the pickups and 1 for the piezo)?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rivers View Post
    Newbie question: Do the EB guitars with piezo pickups work using a Y-cable or do they have 2 seperate jacks (1 for the pickups and 1 for the piezo)?
    It depends on the model. Some have two jacks, some need a TRS cable to a splitter.
    ---------------
    Axis SS Semi-Hollow in Diablo Blue
    Hunter Hayes Cutlass in Lake Tahoe Blue
    Valentine BFR in Three-tone Burst
    Luke 3 HH in Starry Night
    Valentine in Trans Maroon
    Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo