Ready to Roar

Thread: JP15 w/ Ebony Fretboard

User Info Menu

JP15 w/ Ebony Fretboard

Really wish EBMM would offer this option for the JP15.

JP6 Stealth Black
    JPX-6 Silverburst Custom
    Majesty Glacial Frost
    Majesty Monarchy Black Knight
    SBMM JP100D

User Info Menu

While it isn't a regular option, our exclusive run of JP15 have ebony fretboards with rosewood necks. I went with ebony on the 15 because I wanted to offer it on the 15 without binding and without a finished neck.

Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

that's gorgeous pete! OMG. will EBMM build you a custom one if you ask them?
    i really want a JP15 w/ ebony fretboard. and maybe black finish. nothing crazy. just the stuff they already offer.
    i think the only way for me to get one is to be endorsed which is unlikely atm.lol
    kinda depressing but oh well. really don't want to switch to another brand because there's no other guitar that suited me like a JP/Majesty guitar.

JP6 Stealth Black
    JPX-6 Silverburst Custom
    Majesty Glacial Frost
    SBMM JP100D

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dryst_1025 View Post
    that's gorgeous pete! OMG. will EBMM build you a custom one if you ask them?
    Thanks! No custom/one-off option for us I'm afraid. Our first exclusive run in Diablo Blue was 25 pieces (20 guitars w. rosewood/ebony, and 5 basses maple/ebony).

I've still got both a flame top and quilt top JP15 available, they haven't shipped from EBMM yet (in addition to the L3 and JP6 models I have in stock). You never know, maybe we will do another run of Diablo Blue with roasted maple necks & ebony boards if rosewood/ebony isn't your thing!
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter

User Info Menu

They are selling those, they are dealer specials, limited numbers, that's one of Pete's stores offerings.

Dubaldo Music -> Ernie Ball Music Man

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDuBaldo View Post
    Thanks! No custom/one-off option for us I'm afraid. Our first exclusive run in Diablo Blue was 25 pieces (20 guitars w. rosewood/ebony, and 5 basses maple/ebony).

I've still got both a flame top and quilt top JP15 available, they haven't shipped from EBMM yet (in addition to the L3 and JP6 models I have in stock). You never know, maybe we will do another run of Diablo Blue with roasted maple necks & ebony boards if rosewood/ebony isn't your thing!
    that would be awesome pete!. i'll wait for it. a red burst or tiger eye JP15 w/ roasted maple neck & ebony fretboard would be SICK!!

JP6 Stealth Black
    JPX-6 Silverburst Custom
    Majesty Glacial Frost
    SBMM JP100D

User Info Menu

Not a 15, but here’s something a buddy recently sent me:

FS: MusicMan Ball Family Reserve 2019 JPXI Onyx - diyAudio

User Info Menu

JP15 Paradise Pink and JP15 Eminence Purple. Ebony fretboard.

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    JP12 7 Cardinal Red F29322
    MAJESTY Glacial Frost M08083
    MAJESTY Ferrari Rosso M07113
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso M04775
    NOMAC MAJESTY Timeworn Matte Silver M06246
    MAJESTY Charred Silver Sparkle M08237
    MAJESTY Dargie 3 M08360

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyboogie View Post
    JP15 Paradise Pink and JP15 Eminence Purple. Ebony fretboard.
    they both don't have inlays unfortunately. i dig the paradise pink i actually was close to purchasing one after i played it at my local store. but i rely alot on the inlay with live playing.
    Last edited by dryst_1025; 02-10-2020 at 09:56 AM.

JP6 Stealth Black
    JPX-6 Silverburst Custom
    Majesty Glacial Frost
    SBMM JP100D

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dryst_1025 View Post
    they both don't have inlays unfortunately. i dig the paradise pink i actually was close to purchasing one after i played it at my local store. but i rely alot on the inlay with live playing.
    The Paradise Pink and Eminence Purple also have a clear satin finish on the neck to protect the binding, so you don't get the raw wood feel with the normal oil/wax treatment.
    Visit the all new

User Info Menu

Oh well..=D

Patience!!

I REALLY want a Buckeye Burl Maple Top JP15, like the ones they released in Japan.

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    JP12 7 Cardinal Red F29322
    MAJESTY Glacial Frost M08083
    MAJESTY Ferrari Rosso M07113
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso M04775
    NOMAC MAJESTY Timeworn Matte Silver M06246
    MAJESTY Charred Silver Sparkle M08237
    MAJESTY Dargie 3 M08360

User Info Menu

Oh man Pete, really good call on that one. No binding, ebony board and an unfinished rosewood neck. Doesn't get much better. Love all three of those options.

User Info Menu

The Paradise Pink and Eminence Purple also have a clear satin finish on the neck to protect the binding, so you don't get the raw wood feel with the normal oil/wax treatment.
    i actually didn't notice that it was satin when i played one.

JP6 Stealth Black
    JPX-6 Silverburst Custom
    Majesty Glacial Frost
    SBMM JP100D

User Info Menu

While it isn't a regular option, our exclusive run of JP15 have ebony fretboards with rosewood necks. I went with ebony on the 15 because I wanted to offer it on the 15 without binding and without a finished neck.

Man, that is such a gorgeous guitar, Pete! I'm glad I'm not into the JPs or I'd be counting my money...
    ---------------
    Axis SS Semi-Hollow in Diablo Blue
    Hunter Hayes Cutlass in Lake Tahoe Blue
    Valentine BFR in Three-tone Burst
    Luke 3 HH in Starry Night
    Valentine in Trans Maroon
    Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo