Mariposa Green

Thread: Tone Knob Shaft - Unstable/Wobbly.

User Info Menu

Question Tone Knob Shaft - Unstable/Wobbly.

Hey all!

Recently, I've decided to restore my beloved guitar (after the silly mods based on the internet). My dumb a** self accidentally pulled the knob away and a bit too much of a force. Now the guitar's knob which is still attached, can be pulled loosely, leaving the gap away a little bit from the wood. However, the cover is still in tact with the metal shaft itself. And whenever I turn it, it has a bit of resistance as well. Does this mean it's a major repair and will this affect my guitar in the future as well?

Thanks for your help!
    Peace and Love! ☮️❣️

User Info Menu

Not sure what you're saying here, but sounds like a damaged knob or pot. Take it to a proper repair person... not a big deal.
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xjbebop View Post
    Not sure what you're saying here, but sounds like a damaged knob or pot. Take it to a proper repair person... not a big deal.
    Yup! I posted this also in the EBMM Facebook page and it seems like it's a minor pot damage. Thanks a lot!
    Peace and Love! ☮️❣️

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MassEducation22 View Post
    Now the guitar's knob which is still attached, can be pulled loosely, leaving the gap away a little bit from the wood.
    A short video showing that would be nice.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vadauco View Post
    A short video showing that would be nice.
    Soz for my late reply, I was about to but since I am on my mobile I couldn't upload it.
    Peace and Love! ☮️❣️