New Slinkys March 2020

Thread: Coil tapping on which Majesty years?

User Info Menu

Coil tapping on which Majesty years?

Can I check which year did they started to have coil tapping functionality for the Majesty?

I am looking to purchase a used 2015/2016 model and understand they do not come with coil tap capabilites and was wondering if they could be modified to have that functionality?

Thanks!

User Info Menu

Since the beginning!! They all have coil-tapping.

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    JP12 7 Cardinal Red F29322
    MAJESTY Glacial Frost M08083
    MAJESTY Ferrari Rosso M07113
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso M04775
    NOMAC MAJESTY Timeworn Matte Silver M06246
    MAJESTY Charred Silver Sparkle M08237
    MAJESTY Dargie 3 M08360
    MAJESTY Gremlin Green M0????

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rivers View Post
    Can I check which year did they started to have coil tapping functionality for the Majesty?
    First of all, let's make things clear: coil tapping IS NOT THE SAME of coil splitting. I see people misunderstanding this a lot, so let's have a fresh start.

I am looking to purchase a used 2015/2016 model and understand they do not come with coil tap capabilites
    The Majesty has coil splitting functionality since its inception back in 2014. However, the coils are split only for the mid-position of the 3-way toggle switch. It works this way:

• bridge position -- full bridge humbucker
    • middle position w/ tone knob down -- bridge & neck humbucker, like a Les Paul
    • middle position w/ tone knob up -- inner coils of bridge and neck (humbuckers are split!)
    • neck position -- full neck humbucker

and was wondering if they could be modified to have that functionality?
    The Majesty wiring is quite complex. It's probably possible, but you'd have to dig into those electronics in order to have the full humbuckers split you want.