New Slinkys March 2020
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pertrucci Picks

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gforce013 View Post
    Does anyone else on here feel the need to buy every signature Petrucci pick that comes out like I知 do?
    Not only from John Petrucci, but also from many other guitarists.

Anyway back and forth, after trying countless picks, today I'm using the ol' good Jazz III black ones. A classic.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BrickGlass View Post
    The 427PJP picks are my favorite Petrucci picks, and honestly my favorite picks ever. I don't like a lot of the other JP picks.

The max grip picks don't work for me. If I need to adjust my grip on the pick they are so grippy that I can't do it very easily. They are like sandpaper.
    Hey Brick Glass!!

427P JP picks? =D

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    JP12 7 Cardinal Red F29322
    MAJESTY Glacial Frost M08083
    MAJESTY Ferrari Rosso M07113
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso M04775
    NOMAC MAJESTY Timeworn Matte Silver M06246
    MAJESTY Charred Silver Sparkle M08237
    MAJESTY Dargie 3 M08360
    MAJESTY Gremlin Green M0????

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gforce013 View Post
    Does anyone else on here feel the need to buy every signature Petrucci pick that comes out like I知 do?

I try to buy everything with his name on it haha. I wasn't really a fan of the ultex jazz three with the shield grip but I'm really interested in the trinity.

JP6 Pearl Red.
    JP6 BFR Bahama Blue.

User Info Menu

I went from the Jazz III which I always liked to the JP Jazz III. I loved the beveled tip on the JP Jazz III but never loved the feel between the fingers. I had a pack of Flows sitting around that I would always pick one up, play for a moment and then put it down because it felt so different and awkward. Then one day I just decided to only use the Flow exclusively until I felt I had given it a fair shot, and I fell in love with it. Took a LOT of getting used to coming off years of playing the Jazz III, but it's become my go-to pick. Highly recommend giving it a fair chance. Have the Trinity on order and looking forward to trying it out!