Flat Ribbon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guys Be Safe Be Clean and Stay Well(Off Topic)

User Info Menu

Guys Be Safe Be Clean and Stay Well(Off Topic)

Due to global calamity of corona virus , guys be safe be clean and stay well rock on!

User Info Menu

Thank you! Also, beware of the recent increase of computer & phone scams...
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

go wash your hands and play your guitar
    93 Silhouette 96 Silhouette Recovered!2007.8.3 99 Silhouette Bass Guitar 00 Steve Morse 02 Sterling 02 Petrucci 02 Silhouette 04 Bongo 04 S.U.B. 05 Steve Morse Y2D 06 Silhouette 06 Petrucci 06 20th Anniversary Silhouette 06 20th Anniversary Silhouette 07 7 String 10 Honey Burst Silhouette 11Black Sugar Silhouette 12 Ash Floyd Silhouette19 Bongo 6 Fretless BFR Double neck

User Info Menu

<moderator on> I am debating whether this thread should stay up (there is a good reason why it's been shut down on many other forums). But, against my better judgement, I will let it go for now. Remember, stay positive, no politics! Misinformation will be removed (moderators decision, non-negotiable). If the thread suddenly vanishes one day, you'll know what happened.</moderator off>

Thinking of all the medical staff, all over the world, who are bracing themselves for hell, if they are not already going through it. The stories and footage coming from Italy and Spain are utterly heartbreaking. It's almost certainly coming your way too, wherever you are.

Shelter in Place, play your guitar whenever you can, and DO YOUR DAMN CHORES WHEN MOM TELLS YOU TOO!
    Forum Moderator, Guitar Teacher and Guitar Tech, Folder of Underpants, Stubber of Toes.
    Irish/American in Paris

Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Click here for my EBMM photo ablumbs

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

User Info Menu

Stay safe all. Use the quarantine time to play your Balls :-) Also it gives valuable family time as well.
    "What is understood need not be discussed"

User Info Menu

I bought some of the new Ernie ball strings and have been using my time trying out the new gauges. So far Iím really digging the mighty slinkyís . 8.5-40 . The 9.5 are good too , I have those in eflat on another guitar. I have got a ton of playing time in this week , I feel a little productive . So thatís been my week , string tests and I cleaned the basement.

I do really like the mighty slinkyís. I wish they would make one more new one 10-38 like the old Jimi Hendrix set .
    Everyone be safe out there .
    Gio

Steve Morse Y2D with Floyd Rose
    Blueburst Steve Morse standard
    Purple Sterling Axis

User Info Menu

Stay home and study the guitar!! All the best to everyone guys.

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    JP12 7 Cardinal Red F29322
    MAJESTY Glacial Frost M08083
    MAJESTY Ferrari Rosso M07113
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso M04775
    NOMAC MAJESTY Timeworn Matte Silver M06246
    MAJESTY Charred Silver Sparkle M08237
    MAJESTY Dargie 3 M08360
    MAJESTY Gremlin Green M0????

User Info Menu

And to all of you (like me) who are all WFHing with small kids in the house ... here's hoping your stash of earplugs lasts long enough.

User Info Menu

Stay safe, everyone. We think (but can't get tested) my wife has it, and it's no picnic but she'll be fine. If we all lock down we can starve COVID-19 like a fire without oxygen.

+1 on the no politics. This is the one "social media" site that isn't infuriating. Let's keep it that way!

User Info Menu

same here with my wife she got sick last Tuesday and she says she is feeling much better today . so thats looking up but im not feeling so hot now.
    Gio

Steve Morse Y2D with Floyd Rose
    Blueburst Steve Morse standard
    Purple Sterling Axis

User Info Menu

I hope each and everyone of you remains well. Best of luck for a quick recovery to Gio your wives (gforce013 & dibart77). Aside from a non-contact drive thru pharmacy pickup and a few walks outdoors, I have been for a week this afternoon, working remotely.
    EBMM Axis Super Sport (Pacific Blue Burst)
    EBMM L3 HH (Olive Gold)
    EBMM L3 HSS Roasted (Bodhi Blue)
    EBMM Silo Special (Blue Dawn)
    EBMM Albert Lee SSS (Sky Blue)
    EBMM Cutlass (Vintage Turquoise)
    EBMM L3 BFR (Blueberry Burst)
    EBMM Cutlass HSS (Firemist Silver)

www.TheseGuysLive.com
    Facebook

User Info Menu

My brother was REALLY ill, ambulance to hospital, they took a swab for a test and sent him home because the beds were full of people who were MORE ill. A week later, he's feeling better and he got his test results back - clear for COVID but he had H1N1 flu virus!
    Forum Moderator, Guitar Teacher and Guitar Tech, Folder of Underpants, Stubber of Toes.
    Irish/American in Paris

User Info Menu

DrKey - wow, glad he is okay.
    EBMM Axis Super Sport (Pacific Blue Burst)
    EBMM L3 HH (Olive Gold)
    EBMM L3 HSS Roasted (Bodhi Blue)
    EBMM Silo Special (Blue Dawn)
    EBMM Albert Lee SSS (Sky Blue)
    EBMM Cutlass (Vintage Turquoise)
    EBMM L3 BFR (Blueberry Burst)
    EBMM Cutlass HSS (Firemist Silver)

www.TheseGuysLive.com
    Facebook

User Info Menu

I have a related question to this, and my guitar tech guy didn't have an answer.

Is there a safe way (safe to the guitar) to disinfect it? Whether one has a cold, the flu, or Covid, how do we get germs off the guitar? I don't see anywhere on any of the guitar cleaning products that they are disinfectants.

If someone does know an answer to this, perhaps they can start a new thread and we can pin it.

Echoing everyone, stay safe! Hunker down, play your guitars, and my all your families come out ok!
    "Musician, Heal Thyself!" -Ask me how!

User Info Menu

COVID is easily killed by most cleaning agents. I am not worried at all. Besides, any germs on your guitar probably came from you first, so really you;re infecting your guitar rather than the other way around!
    Irish/American in Paris