VPJR Tuner Launch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2001 jp6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bill S View Post
    Thanks guys, I am super excited to be joining the EBMM family! I met John Petrucci in Madrid in January doing the meet and greet. He was super lovely and humble. I took my Strat, and he signed it for me...even though he joked to the couple of guys who had Music Mans that we should burn it!
    JP is a helluva nice dude. Got to meet him when visiting a friend at Berklee back in the early 2000s... came back to the room and chilled for quite a while.

The Strat story is hilarious... I'm sure John has a few in his collection
    Last edited by SilosRock; 03-27-2020 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Can't spell :) not my strong suit
    1986 Music Man 1st Production(Ash
    Body/Maple Neck/Rosewood
    Board (Serial#86034)

1991 Silhouette(Natural Ash/Maple
    Neck/T-shell/LaceSensorGolds)

2006 SM-Y2D(Tobacco Sunburst)
    2018 Warmoth Tele (Swap Ash/Purple
    Quilt Top/Rosewood Neck/Ebony
    board)

User Info Menu

Here is the moment in January John decided he would sign my Strat rather than set fire to it!

2001 jp6-img_20200327_204905-jpg

User Info Menu

Hi all

I took delivery of my JP6 this afternoon. True Gold, 2008 piezo model - here it is hanging on my studio wall:

[IMG][/IMG]

To say I am thrilled is an understatement - I bought the guitar "blind" from a store in the UK, and had it shipped out here to Spain. Took three working days, and here it is. The guitar is in mint condition - in fact I would say it looks like it has just rolled off a production line - like brand new. The neck is gorgeous. The pickups are amazing - sustains forever! The sheer quality of this guitar blows me away.

There's no going back now - have a feeling this won't be my last EBMM guitar!!

Thanks to everyone who helped me further up the thread, much appreciated.

User Info Menu

Nice man, congrats!!! Looks awesome, it could have been a NOS (New Old Stock) situation, since you got it from a store.

Enjoy, Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Congrats, it's a beauty! Nothing beats the build quality, and JP designed a kickass, versatile guitar. Sold off my Parker Fly Deluxe today to fund my JPXI - I suspect I'll be playing JP models from now on...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    Nice man, congrats!!! Looks awesome, it could have been a NOS (New Old Stock) situation, since you got it from a store.

Enjoy, Glenn |B)
    Apparently it was owned by a guy who owns a few guitars and just trades from time to time. You couldn't tell it had ever been played.

User Info Menu

Can someone tell me what the pickups will be in my guitar, assuming they are the originals - guitar born in October 28th 2008.

User Info Menu

Here is the moment in January John decided he would sign my Strat rather than set fire to it!

2001 jp6-img_20200327_204905-jpg
    Cool pic! Sure seems a bit hesitant haha.
    Body/Maple Neck/Rosewood
    Board (Serial#86034)

board)

User Info Menu

Hi all

I took delivery of my JP6 this afternoon. True Gold, 2008 piezo model - here it is hanging on my studio wall:

[IMG][/IMG]

To say I am thrilled is an understatement - I bought the guitar "blind" from a store in the UK, and had it shipped out here to Spain. Took three working days, and here it is. The guitar is in mint condition - in fact I would say it looks like it has just rolled off a production line - like brand new. The neck is gorgeous. The pickups are amazing - sustains forever! The sheer quality of this guitar blows me away.

There's no going back now - have a feeling this won't be my last EBMM guitar!!

Thanks to everyone who helped me further up the thread, much appreciated.
    Beautiful! It's a pretty bad ass color choice. Glad ya like it.... and many many more will come and go. Congrats
    Body/Maple Neck/Rosewood
    Board (Serial#86034)

board)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cbc83 View Post
    Congrats, it's a beauty! Nothing beats the build quality, and JP designed a kickass, versatile guitar. Sold off my Parker Fly Deluxe today to fund my JPXI - I suspect I'll be playing JP models from now on...
    Congrats on the sale my man
    Body/Maple Neck/Rosewood
    Board (Serial#86034)

board)

User Info Menu

Can someone tell me what the pickups will be in my guitar, assuming they are the originals - guitar born in October 28th 2008.
    I'm not 100% but would guess Crunchlab(B)/Liquifier(N) set-up
    Body/Maple Neck/Rosewood
    Board (Serial#86034)

board)