Flat Ribbon

Thread: Help with a JP6 trade

User Info Menu

Help with a JP6 trade

I'm being offered a JP6 as a trade for my 1996 Parker Fly Deluxe. I already have two JP's (a 2005 JP6 with piezo and a 2012 JPXI), so I'm mainly considering the trade since I could then pick the best playing of the two JP6's and probably have an easier time selling the other JP than the Parker.

It's a november 2011 JP in Pearl redburst. No piezo, matching headstock or inlays. A few questions:

- It is a fair trade for a Parker Fly?
    - Had Music Man switched to SS frets in november 2011?
    - What would a decent price be for a mint 2011 barebone JP6 be in your area? They are very rarely for sale here.

Thanks in advance, really appreciate it. I'm selling the Parker since the JPXI fretboard feels almost EXACTLY the same as the carbon fibre one on the Parker. Damn, that black ebony smoothness...
    Last edited by cbc83; 03-25-2020 at 05:27 AM.

User Info Menu

Hi! cbc83.

1. I'd say it's definitely a fair trade, (But my username makes me biased.)
    2. Music Man switched to SS frets in 2012 so it might have them on it if it was made right at the end of 2011.
    3. A mint Pearl Red barebones JP6 will get you anywhere from 1300+ to 1800ish, (Going off of experience so I could be wrong for your case.)

JP6 Pearl Red.
    JP6 BFR Bahama Blue.

User Info Menu

What's up cbc83!

What condition is the Parker? They are pretty rare nowadays and can def fetch 2k+ to right buyer.

IMO, Jp6 are a dime a dozen but if you're comfortable with the trade... JP's are great guitfiddles don't get me wrong, but you could find great deals on Reverb all day long for alot cheaper than a Parker Deluxe.
    1991 Silhouette(Natural Ash/Maple
    Neck/T-shell/LaceSensorGolds)

2009 AxisSS MM90(Vintage Sunburst)
    2018 Warmoth Tele (Swap Ash/Purple
    Quilt Top/Rosewood Neck/Ebony
    board)

2012 Luke III Rosewood Neck(Black)
    2016 Gibson LP Traditional(Light Burst)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SilosRock View Post
    What's up cbc83!

What condition is the Parker? They are pretty rare nowadays and can def fetch 2k+ to right buyer.

IMO, Jp6 are a dime a dozen but if you're comfortable with the trade... JP's are great guitfiddles don't get me wrong, but you could find great deals on Reverb all day long for alot cheaper than a Parker Deluxe.
    Hey Silos

It's in very good condition, just a pickup switch that needs a thorough cleaning, maybe a replacement, but otherwise there's hardly a scratch on it. The piezos and pickups work a dream, all tools are included etc. For people who love Parkers, it's certainly appealing, but for everyone else it's just a wierd 90's fiddle.

But they're not desirable here in Denmark. The most I've found someone willing to pay is 1300$, and I don't feel like shipping a padded gigbag internationally.

Mind you, I didn't pay much more than that for the guitar back in 2001...

Help with a JP6 trade-img_6081-jpg

User Info Menu

That's unfortunate they only fetch that where you reside. $1300 is a killer deal and is that Plum or Black? Hard to tell in the pic but Plum was always my fav color preference. I'd take any color with the quilt top haha.

If that's what ya paid for it and you're content with the bare bones JP6, I'd say go for it! It sounds like you love em and you could always unload one of the 2 when you find which one suits you better. Good luck my friend!
    1991 Silhouette(Natural Ash/Maple
    Neck/T-shell/LaceSensorGolds)

2009 AxisSS MM90(Vintage Sunburst)
    2018 Warmoth Tele (Swap Ash/Purple
    Quilt Top/Rosewood Neck/Ebony
    board)

2012 Luke III Rosewood Neck(Black)
    2016 Gibson LP Traditional(Light Burst)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SilosRock View Post
    That's unfortunate they only fetch that where you reside. $1300 is a killer deal and is that Plum or Black? Hard to tell in the pic but Plum was always my fav color preference. I'd take any color with the quilt top haha.

If that's what ya paid for it and you're content with the bare bones JP6, I'd say go for it! It sounds like you love em and you could always unload one of the 2 when you find which one suits you better. Good luck my friend!
    Thanks mate, and yeah, it's Italian Plum.