Prodigy

Thread: Hunter Hayes model static noise

User Info Menu

Hunter Hayes model static noise

I'm hearing static type noise in all pickup positions when not touching the guitar. It's really more of a hiss. When I touch the strings or the bridge it stops. I've changed out the battery to no avail. Tried different cords to no avail. I play through a Kemper and have tried different speaker setups to no avail. And this morning just used the headphone out. The noise was obvious and it stopped with the touch of the strings and bridge. So it's definitely happening with the guitar. I've read about trim pot adjustments. Does this model have one and where is it located? Any other suggestions or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hunter Hayes model static noise-img_3603-jpg  
    Last edited by oooogie; 04-22-2020 at 02:32 PM. Reason: added info
    1997 Axis Super Sport with Piezo
    2017 cutlass
    2019 Hunter Hayes Cutlass

User Info Menu

Sounds like a grounding issue and with the wiring in that, I’d have no idea where to start. Reach out to customer service. I’ve got the same guitar and not had this problem myself
    Host of The Pop Society Presents... "Nashville Skies" - Live on Radio Free Matlock - Every 4th Thursday of the Month at 8pm UK Time, or Catch up on Mixcloud

https://www.mixcloud.com/radiofreema...ember-31-2020/

https://radiofreematlock.co.uk

Follow us on Twitter @NashvilleSkies

User Info Menu

The output jack may be wired backwards.

User Info Menu

I am having the same issue, with my HH which I bought earlier this year. It makes a hiss/hum in all positions, that goes away when I touch the strings. Were any discoveries made about how to resolve? It is pretty frustrating, and I am a bit disappointed to be honest. The neck sure is amazing though...

User Info Menu

At high gain/distortion settings some noise that vanishes when you touch the strings is normal and unavoidable. It is not necessarily indicative of a ground problem in your guitar. If you have such noise with a clean guitar tone that is obvious at low volumes, you might have a problem in you house/apartment.

Your guitar might NOT have a ground problem - YouTube
    Last edited by DrKev; 11-11-2020 at 09:33 AM.
    Forum Moderator, Guitar Teacher and Guitar Tech, Folder of Underpants, Stubber of Toes.
    Irish/American in Paris

Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Click here for my Music Man photo albums

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service