New banner
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Axis Super Sport Days Numbered?

User Info Menu

I love boring black. These semi hollows sound so good unplugged.

2019 Albert Lee - BFR - Electric Shimmer
    2019 Axis SS semi hollow - DuBaldo Blue - rosewood neck
    2019 StingRay fretless - BFR - Sierra Vintage Burst
    2018 Axis SS - BFR - Buckeye Burl
    2017 StingRay 5 - 30th Ann
    2013 Luke III - PDN - emerald green sparkle
    - rosewood neck
    2012 Morse - BFR - Dark Lord
    2010 Axis SS - red flame - rosewood neck
    2009 Axis - pink quilt
    2006 StingRay fretless - 30th Ann
    2000 Axis SS - Lavender Pearl
    1996 StingRay - 20th Ann
    1995 Albert Lee - Jim Messina’s

User Info Menu

Long live boring black. I recently got a single P90 Japanese Moon Reggaemaster in black with matching headstock and pickguard and it feels so right. My duo-mate is waiting for an Axis Sport to be delivered, and it is a limited finish for the Emergenza contest (sorry to say but it is ugly as hell) and we are thinking about blacking it.

User Info Menu

I was always hoping theyd re issue an axis sport with the different pickup options. I d love a ssh or sss.
    Fusionman’s gtrs:

2012 Fender American Special Tele-Sunburst
    2007 EBMM JP6-Mystic Dream w/piezo, matching headstock, dot inlays (thanks Pete D)
    2005 Parker Nitefly-Trans red
    2002 EBMM Axis Sport-Trans gold, hum/hum, matching headstock, trem (thanks Mike Z)
    1984 custom Parts-O-Caster Strat Black
    1976 custom Gibson 335-Sunburst
    NO ACOUSTICS; and I like it that way

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fusionman View Post
    I was always hoping theyd re issue an axis sport with the different pickup options. I d love a ssh or sss.
    Its funny, I was playing my Sport today and thinking I'd love to have one with the new nut on it. Everything else is perfect. I'd love an MM90 one if we are going that route. Sold mine years ago because I didn't appreciate the pickups when I had mine.
    Trans Gold Axis- Flame (DOB 12.13.1996)
    Trans Green Axis Sport (DOB 12.02.1997)
    Trans Green Axis- Quilt (DOB 03.14.2000)
    Black HH Albert Lee (DOB 12.01.2009)
    Honey Roasted Axis - Quilt (DOB 09.20.2012)
    White HSS Silo Spec (DOB 02.03.2014)

User Info Menu

Do ya mean the compensated nut? Easy fix if you don’t mind a tiny bit of work on the guitar by a luthier
    Host of The Pop Society Presents... "Nashville Skies" - Live on Radio Free Matlock - Every 4th Thursday of the Month at 8pm UK Time, or Catch up on Mixcloud

https://www.mixcloud.com/radiofreema...d-may-28-2020/

https://radiofreematlock.co.uk

Follow us on Twitter @NashvilleSkies

User Info Menu

I sold my Axis SS about 10 years ago, because we had a car repair to pay for. Back then, they were going for $800 used, I figured I could just grab another one when I had the money. A few years passed and when I went back to look, all of a sudden they’re $2500 new and $1600-$1800 used.

The Axis SS is hands down the best playing guitar I’ve ever owned. It was perfect for my hand size, the medium frets felt awesome, action was incredible and the feel of that wax/oiled neck was phenomenal. I’ve purchased a few guitars since then, and every one has ended up returned or sold because it’s just a disappointment compared to the Axis SS. I just can’t and don’t really want, to play anything else. I don’t even have a guitar right now.

It seems my dreams of owning another of my dream guitar are going to stay just that, dreams, for a long time. EBMM made such a masterpiece of a guitar, to me, that it’s ruined every other guitar on the market for me.

I regret selling my original Axis SS every day.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Clonexx View Post
    I sold my Axis SS about 10 years ago, because we had a car repair to pay for. Back then, they were going for $800 used, I figured I could just grab another one when I had the money. A few years passed and when I went back to look, all of a sudden they’re $2500 new and $1600-$1800 used.

The Axis SS is hands down the best playing guitar I’ve ever owned. It was perfect for my hand size, the medium frets felt awesome, action was incredible and the feel of that wax/oiled neck was phenomenal. I’ve purchased a few guitars since then, and every one has ended up returned or sold because it’s just a disappointment compared to the Axis SS. I just can’t and don’t really want, to play anything else. I don’t even have a guitar right now.

It seems my dreams of owning another of my dream guitar are going to stay just that, dreams, for a long time. EBMM made such a masterpiece of a guitar, to me, that it’s ruined every other guitar on the market for me.

I regret selling my original Axis SS every day.
    Clone, there are deals to be had, if you have some $$, check Reverb and such, watch the For Sale and EvilBay threads, you might just luck out.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Keep looking Clonexx. There are deals to be had if you check often and beat someone to the deal. There are even great deals to be had that just sit there.

I paid $1000 about six months ago for a MINT Axis SS. Minty mint. It’s Lavender Pearl. I’ve lusted after that color for years.

I know Glenn will love this picture because of all the sparkles.
    Last edited by Tollie; 07-01-2020 at 03:56 AM.

- rosewood neck
    2009 Axis - pink quilt
    1996 StingRay - 20th Ann

User Info Menu

Tollie, you have more of an ASS obsession than me!
    2010 Axis Super Sport BFR Bahama Blue Burst Rosewood fretboard

You only have 12 notes, what you do with them is up to you - Edward Van Halen

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie M View Post
    Tollie, you have more of an ASS obsession than me!
    Hahaha, it’s my favorite model now that I don’t feel like dealing with a Floyd. They lack a little bit of that Axis bite due to the tone knob, but I use a tone knob often so it’s a worthy trade off.

- rosewood neck
    2009 Axis - pink quilt
    1996 StingRay - 20th Ann

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tollie View Post
    Hahaha, it’s my favorite model now that I don’t feel like dealing with a Floyd. They lack a little bit of that Axis bite due to the tone knob, but I use a tone knob often so it’s a worthy trade off.
    My favourite model also, has been since i saw EVH with one in the 90s. Its a great all rounder. Your collection is very impressive.
    2010 Axis Super Sport BFR Bahama Blue Burst Rosewood fretboard

You only have 12 notes, what you do with them is up to you - Edward Van Halen

User Info Menu

...not only Glenn
    2001 Axis Sport HH hardtail maple fretboard burnt apple
    2001 Axis SuperSport HH hardtail maple fretboard translucent gold
    1997 Axis Sport HSS hardtail maple fretboard translucent red (Pro Track in neck and Injector Neck in middle)
    2002 AL MM90 hardtail maple fretboard honeyburst converted to AL 2H (black Dimarzio Customs)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie M View Post
    My favourite model also, has been since i saw EVH with one in the 90s. Its a great all rounder. Your collection is very impressive.
    EVH drew me into this model, too.

Thank you very much!

- rosewood neck
    2009 Axis - pink quilt
    1996 StingRay - 20th Ann

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    ...not only Glenn
    I said that Lavender Pearl was a color that I’ve wanted forever. So is Burnt Candy Apple. You are lucky to have one.

- rosewood neck
    2009 Axis - pink quilt
    1996 StingRay - 20th Ann

User Info Menu

Keep looking Clonexx. There are deals to be had if you check often and beat someone to the deal. There are even great deals to be had that just sit there.

I paid $1000 about six months ago for a MINT Axis SS. Minty mint. It’s Lavender Pearl. I’ve lusted after that color for years.

Tollie, absolutely man!!!!! How do you like the AL HH that way? I think it looks super clean without the pick guard. And Emerald reminds me of the holidays!!!

I said that Lavender Pearl was a color that I’ve wanted forever. So is Burnt Candy Apple. You are lucky to have one.
    Burnt Apple, is such a super subtle color, but for me, classy as well.

Glenn |B)
    Last edited by GWDavis28; 07-01-2020 at 07:34 PM.
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"