New banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sale of Endorsed EBMM Guitars

User Info Menu

Sale of Endorsed EBMM Guitars

Every now and then I see guitars offered online as Artist or Endorsed guitars.

My question is are endorse artist allowed to sell their guitars?

I know there are some different levels and some artist just get discounts, but if EBMM gives someone a guitar, is it that artist property to sell or will EBMM be knocking on the door if someone buys it?

Just looking for general guideline.

User Info Menu

What "rules" EBMM have in place are not something that we know of here and not something they will discuss in public. I can only imagine that it is clear to the artists if they receive a guitar what the situation is and what the right thing to do is.

Certainly, here on the forum, we are just musicians and fans of these guitars and it is not our place to call out or shame or chase anyone who sells their artists guitars, whether they are entitled to do so or not.
    Forum Moderator, Guitar Teacher and Guitar Tech, Folder of Underpants, Stubber of Toes.
    Irish/American in Paris

Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Click here for my Music Man photo albums

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrKev View Post
    it is not our place to call out or shame or chase anyone who sells their artists guitars, whether they are entitled to do so or not.
    I don't think that was the intent here - I think the OP just wanted to know whether they could legally buy a used Artist guitar, or whether it is still officially the property of EBMM.
    Luke 2 Graphite Pearl MH
    Luke 2 Luke Blue
    Luke 2 BFR True Gold Rosewood
    Luke 3 BFR Boysenberry Quilt
    Luke 3 PDN Bodhi Blue Rosewood
    JP6 White Pearl MH
    JP6 PDN Starry Night MH
    Cutlass PDN Starry Night MH
    Cutlass Black

User Info Menu

remember the same discussion years ago, when joe perry sold a bunch of EBMM via ebay. Maybe the search button. I know BP answered a bunch of questions....sorry to busy at the moment
    Mick
    EVH transblack 1995 slightly faded
    Silhouette transteal 1994 (updated with a compensated nut!)

Mick´s Guitar Center
    Landshut/Germany
    www.facebook.com/MicksGuitarCenter
    "We offer extremly high quality & extremly low prices! - Pick one!"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuoso View Post
    I don't think that was the intent here - I think the OP just wanted to know whether they could legally buy a used Artist guitar, or whether it is still officially the property of EBMM.
    I agree that that was likely the op's intent.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    remember the same discussion years ago, when joe perry sold a bunch of EBMM via ebay. Maybe the search button. I know BP answered a bunch of questions....sorry to busy at the moment
    I remember that.

This one:

I didn't know Joe Perry played EBMM?

Glenn |B)
    Last edited by GWDavis28; 05-11-2020 at 04:32 AM.
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

If the artist really used it and gave us great exposure then it stings less....there is one artist that called me and said he was having a tough time due to a divorce and would I like to buy the one offs we made for him....5 grand a pop. I declined
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

User Info Menu

I have a Reflex that was a 1-off for an artist somewhere. I had no hesitation in buying it.

The artist formerly known as "radrock"
    Axis Hardtail TransPurple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)

User Info Menu

I can honestly say, if I had a one off made for me it’d be passed on in my will.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    I remember that.

This one:

I didn't know Joe Perry played EBMM?

Glenn |B)
    Just re-read the thread.
    Smelly is a prophet!

http://forums.ernieball.com/ernie-ba...tml#post225499

Quote Originally Posted by Smellybum View Post
    maybe as payback BP needs his own BBQ product line???
    blueburst Steve Morse Standard, Jan 03, 2005
    pinkburst Albert Lee, Jul 13, 1994
    cinnamon SUB1, Mar 08, 2004
    vintage gold reflex, June 22, 2011

My Band: Groove Bang

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by banjoplayer View Post
    Just re-read the thread.
    Smelly is a prophet!

http://forums.ernieball.com/ernie-ba...tml#post225499
    Hahahahahahahahahaha, well that's one way too put it.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    If the artist really used it and gave us great exposure then it stings less....there is one artist that called me and said he was having a tough time due to a divorce and would I like to buy the one offs we made for him....5 grand a pop. I declined
    ... I don't even know if there is a word for that level of low class. That's essentially asking for a handout.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

Seriously.

User Info Menu

I wanted to buy Clay Cooks Albert Lee but didn’t have the scratch at the time. It was a beauty too. Roasted maple neck and had been used on Zac Brown Band albums
    Host of The Pop Society Presents... "Nashville Skies" - Live on Radio Free Matlock - Every 4th Thursday of the Month at 8pm UK Time, or Catch up on Mixcloud

https://www.mixcloud.com/radiofreema...d-may-28-2020/

https://radiofreematlock.co.uk

Follow us on Twitter @NashvilleSkies

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TrapperJ View Post
    I wanted to buy Clay Cooks Albert Lee but didn’t have the scratch at the time. It was a beauty too. Roasted maple neck and had been used on Zac Brown Band albums
    That would have been a great one for the collection.
    2010 Axis Super Sport BFR Bahama Blue Burst Rosewood fretboard

"What is understood need not be discussed"