New banner

Thread: Left handed St. Vincent Model for 2020? Or Custom Made?

User Info Menu

Question Left handed St. Vincent Model for 2020? Or Custom Made?

Just saw this on Ernie Ball's Instagram, and Jeff Schroeder (Smashing Pumpkins), seems to have a left handed, green finish and along with chrome selector, volume and tone knobs as well! I wonder if Music Man will ever lease an edition of this! It would be great for left handed players!

(See attached file for the pic).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Left handed St. Vincent Model for 2020? Or Custom Made?-20200516_163449-jpg  
    Peace and Love! ☮️❣️

User Info Menu

I saw that, but I wasn't sure if it was left handed or if he was using the front facing camera on his phone.

In any case, LH St Vs seem like a perfect fit for the Vault, whenever that gets going again.

And yeah, I dig that aged Pelham Blue look.

User Info Menu

Given that the logo on his shirt is backwards, I'd guess the guitar is too

User Info Menu

Ahh, yes I see it now! *Insert facepalm* I don't know much about the player if they do play right or left handed lol. And I need glasses! Haha.

But that would be an amazing guitar if it was 100% left handed though!
    Peace and Love! ☮️❣️

User Info Menu

It was actually flipped (as beej mentioned in the comments). I need new glasses bahaha lol!
    And I also saw another one with a beautiful patterned flamed maple! The gold chrome and the black pickguard as well. It's a beauty and one of a kind.
    (See attached image).

Anyways, yes it does look beautiful!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Left handed St. Vincent Model for 2020? Or Custom Made?-20200517_105235-jpg  
    Peace and Love! ☮️❣️

User Info Menu

Very cools. It’s a shame left handed models aren’t offered, even if they were strictly order in advance only and there was an up charge. I know a lefty who covets my Cutlass and St Vincent.
    I suppose you could always put a new nut in and string it backwards... control layout would be a git. Of course if you’ve got good scanning software and CAD and a domestic CNC (I have) you could recreate the body flipped. Expensive way to go about it though, but it is doable
    Host of The Pop Society Presents... "Nashville Skies" - Live on Radio Free Matlock - Every 4th Thursday of the Month at 8pm UK Time, or Catch up on Mixcloud

https://www.mixcloud.com/radiofreema...d-may-28-2020/

https://radiofreematlock.co.uk

Follow us on Twitter @NashvilleSkies

User Info Menu

Yeah I know! It's hard work. I guess the cheapest and the best way would be like some kind of "Paul McCartney" first guitar modification at this point. But I'm not left handed though.
    Just a thought if Ernie Ball actually released these like along with Mariposas.

And yeah, the image has been flipped unfortunately.
    Peace and Love! ☮️❣️