New Slinkys March 2020

Thread: Cutlass RS availability in Canada

User Info Menu

Cutlass RS availability in Canada

Hi everyone,

I'm interested in a Cutlass RS (SSS config) and for some reason I'm having a hard time finding them around here. I live in Toronto where you would expect the highest availability, but Long & McQuade (our nation-wide music store) only has 3 colours of the HSS model on their website, and they're all back ordered 6 months. Other music stores in Toronto and in Canada don't have much more, if anything.

So what's up with that?

PS I contacted Sweetwater to see if they'd ship here and they said they could probably make an exception but I would have to pay duties, which would be brutal on a $2149 USD guitar, warranty would be void, etc etc

User Info Menu

Too bad the border is closed - could have had a road trip. Situation same in UK. The distributor here is closed until further notice from my last dealing with then - due to Covid
    Host of The Pop Society Presents... "Nashville Skies" - Live on Radio Free Matlock - Every 4th Thursday of the Month at 8pm UK Time, or Catch up on Mixcloud

https://www.mixcloud.com/radiofreema...d-may-28-2020/

https://radiofreematlock.co.uk

Follow us on Twitter @NashvilleSkies

User Info Menu

I live in Canada as well and I ordered a Cutlass through Westcoast guitars. They did not have one is stock so I placed a deposit and the build was sent to the good ppl at EBMM. I paid the remaining when Westcoast guitar received my Cutlass then shipped it to me. It was a bit of a wait but totally worth it.

Hope that helps.
    My EBMM guitars;

JPX 7
    Emerald green ALHH
    Cutlass.

User Info Menu

OP: I sympathize with you! May I ask what color you were interested in acquiring? I have a like-new Cutlass SSS in Vintage Turqoise I would consider parting with. PM me if interested.

User Info Menu

2003 Petrucci 7 - White
    2005 Petrucci 7 - Radiance Red
    2006 Petrucci 6 - Desert Gold
    2007 Petrucci 7 - Dargie Delight
    2014 JP13 6 - Cardinal Red Sparkle

User Info Menu

Hey- nice find! (Quickly talking myself out of buying it ...)