Straps 2020
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Legend Mr Dudley Gimpel

User Info Menu

The Legend Mr Dudley Gimpel

I just read on my IG feed that Dudley is retiring. He has brought so much to the table and i for one thank you for all you great designs and inspiration. Enjoy the next chapter of your life and congratulations on your amazing career.
    2010 Axis Super Sport BFR Bahama Blue Burst Rosewood fretboard

"What is understood need not be discussed"

User Info Menu

Great guy, great engineer, I'm sure he will be missed. I wish him the best of luck in his retirement.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Oh man! Dudley can't retire! That'd be like, I dunno, Lukather or Morse or Albert Lee retiring. I can't imagine that world!

Dudley, thank you for all the love and expertise you have poured into this industry and EBMM in particular. You are a true legend.
    Forum Moderator, Guitar Teacher and Guitar Tech, Folder of Underpants, Stubber of Toes.
    Irish/American in Paris

Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Click here for my Music Man photo albums

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

User Info Menu

Seriously ... Dudley you can't retire!

User Info Menu

Come on guys, for us newbies, educate us! I mean I could Google Dudley, but it would be great to have your perspective. What’s the story?

User Info Menu

I hope he has a long, enjoyable retirement.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    Great guy, great engineer, I'm sure he will be missed. I wish him the best of luck in his retirement.

Glenn |B)
    My exact thoughts!
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Candy Apple Red
    AL MM90 Sparkle Turquoise
    L3 HSS Olive Gold

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post

Glenn |B)
    This
    EBMM BFR Morse Dark Lord Tahitian Blue w/SD Pearly Gates pups S/N G79179 DOB 2/7/17
    SBMM AX30-D Natural Quilt
    SBMM SUB AX4 Trans Red Quilt DiMarzio AXIS pups SD pots GOTOH GE1996T Trem
    EBMM - a guitar like no other.
    Even we mancave noodlers can appreciate the perfection that is an EBMM guitar.
    "one likes to believe in the freedom of music..."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bill S View Post
    Come on guys, for us newbies, educate us! I mean I could Google Dudley, but it would be great to have your perspective. What’s the story?
    Dudley is/was the chief engineer I guess you would call him. He and BP (Big Poppa aka Sterling Ball) made all the great instruments, Albert Lee, Morse, JP, Luke, I could count the number of things he's done. I got to meet him a few times at the Open House and few of the other party, just a seriously super guy.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

I don’t think he will full-on retire retire. I bet he still gets called on as a consultant. Unless he really really really just wants the quiet life with boat drinks
    Host of The Pop Society Presents... "Nashville Skies" - Live on Radio Free Matlock - Every 4th Thursday of the Month at 8pm UK Time, or Catch up on Mixcloud

https://www.mixcloud.com/radiofreema...d-may-28-2020/

https://radiofreematlock.co.uk

Follow us on Twitter @NashvilleSkies

User Info Menu

Congrats and enjoy the next big endeavor — whatever that may be.
    2008 LE Silhouette Special SSS
    20th Silhoutte w/Piezo

User Info Menu

I saw that yesterday but didn't want to post it here in case BP wanted to make an official announcement.
    As I commented on the IG, Music Man instruments will never be the same without Dudly.....
    The end of an era..... ;(
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

** I hope it's OK to share these pics from the IG post yesterday.... a very nice tribute imho...

Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Big congrats to Dudley on all his successes and to a retirement well deserved.
    "If you bend a string and you don't make a face; it's like eating food without tasting it." - Paul Gilbert

black sugar Albert Lee SSS - piezo
    25th Anniversary
    Dargie Delight 1 Silhouette HSH

User Info Menu

Posting here what I posed on Facebook:

Dudley -- I'm not sure if you realize just how much your work contributed and had an impact on the music we all write and play! We all rely on and sometimes take for granted the little details that you agonized over and perfected on all of these great tools. Your engineering and skill can be heard in countless albums, bars, radio stations, etc. Thank you! We'll miss you -- but that's the other thing: you've made a tremendous impact on Scotty, Brian, Drew and the rest of the EBMM crew that will continue to execute in a way that you'll be proud of! Enjoy your next phase!