VPJR Tuner Launch

Thread: Jp6 body seams showing

User Info Menu

Jp6 body seams showing

Hey all about a month ago I bought a pristine JP6 from 2010. I just wanted to share some pics of my JP6 mystic dream that has the body seams starting to look pretty glaring. Very hard to photograph but theyíre always there.

I know itís part of the game with guitars with multi piece bodies Iíve had a few strats with seams showing but this is such a beautiful guitar. My dream guitar.

Just looking for some opinions. Do other older JPs have this going on? Any way to mitigate this with my environment (humidity, etc)?

User Info Menu

Jp6 body seams showing-4b35e964-7b1b-4cd5-8451-bd3597feb561-jpg
    Jp6 body seams showing-3a28070f-6a44-4e2b-95ec-d8ab02bc4bd1-jpg

User Info Menu

That used to happen with my JP6 from '08 from time to time and I could see that it was a 2-piece body. It hasn't happened in a long time though and is gone now. Not sure of the exact cause but it will probably revert to normal at some point.

User Info Menu

That's interesting, odd that it would show up and then go away, hope it does.

I looked at my two JP6's that are both solid color type finish like yours and sure enuff one of them has the seams. But I have never seen it before, that is until I look at it now.
    '97 Axis Sport Transparent Purple
    '05 JP6 Medallion Gold
    '09 Axis Amber Quilt
    '11 JP6 Pearl White
    '11 Axis Purple Quilt
    '12 SM-Y2D Purple Sunset
    '18 Majesty Monarchy Majestic Purple

MY MUSIC is on Facebook and Reverbnation.

User Info Menu

They are different pieces of wood, and will expand/contract somewhat differently. I don't think I own a guitar where the seam isn't visible in some way or form reflected in the finish.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

My JP6 Koa has a visible indentation/seam under the clear right down the center where the bookmatched top pieces meet. It's pretty noticeable behind the bridge. It was there the day I got it brand new and hasn't changed in the 6 years I've had it. It's such a killer top no one notices but me
    Current EBMM Guitars:
    2012 JPXI-7
    2014 JP6 BFR Koa
    2018 Valentine
    2018 JP15 BFR Eminence Purple

My Youtube Channel

User Info Menu

That wouldn't bother me at all, it is a beautiful guitar.
    2010 Axis Super Sport BFR Bahama Blue Burst Rosewood fretboard

"What is understood need not be discussed"