New Slinkys March 2020
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Axis SS Neptune Blue Roasted Maple Neck Thoughts?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie M View Post
    is the guitar in the UK now Paul? Or is it shipping from overseas?
    Itís in the UK. What do you guys think worth it?

User Info Menu

That is a very very high price even with insurance mate. You could get that a lot cheaper. Can you not collect it personally?
    2010 Axis Super Sport BFR Bahama Blue Burst Rosewood fretboard

You only have 12 notes, what you do with them is up to you - Edward Van Halen

User Info Menu

I have bought a fair few MM guitars in UK Paul. Even with insurance i have never paid more that £25 shipping. My guess is that your seller is trying to make a bit extra on the sale via the shipping charge. I would not pay that in a million years mate.

User Info Menu

That is a very very high price even with insurance mate. You could get that a lot cheaper. Can you not collect it personally?
    I just can't get there at the moment too busy now I'm back at work. Any suggestions? That was with parcelforce. Insured value of £2000

User Info Menu

I have bought a fair few MM guitars in UK Paul. Even with insurance i have never paid more that £25 shipping. My guess is that your seller is trying to make a bit extra on the sale via the shipping charge. I would not pay that in a million years mate.
    Thanks Jamie. It's not the seller charging me. I have to sort the courier out myself and that was the cheapest I could find with an insured value of £2000. Any suggestions where to try? As soon as you stick the insured value on there the price goes up a lot.
    Last edited by Paulg2uk; 06-24-2020 at 07:38 AM.

User Info Menu

Is the seller a long way from you?

User Info Menu

Is the seller a long way from you?
    It's a good 2.5 hours away. I just haven't got the time at the moment unfortunately otherwise I would.

User Info Menu

I would try DPD or UPS. The guitar is lovely, i have just seen it online. Make sure you score that one Paul.

User Info Menu

I would try DPD or UPS. The guitar is lovely, i have just seen it online. Make sure you score that one Paul.
    Thanks Jamie,

I will don't worry lol. I'll try DPD they always seem quite reliable. Will let you all know how I get on. Thanks again for your help.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Paulg2uk View Post
    Thanks Jamie,

I will don't worry lol. I'll try DPD they always seem quite reliable. Will let you all know how I get on. Thanks again for your help.
    No problem mate. Good luck. Post photos when you get it.

User Info Menu

No problem mate. Good luck. Post photos when you get it.
    I will, Just had a look on DPD's website. It's the same thing as soon as you add the full insured value they want to charge you £100. Probably not worth it then but knowing my luck it will get damaged in transit lol.

User Info Menu

Maybe the shipping charges have changed then since i last used them but i paid a quarter of that. The guitar is expensive so its piece of mind if you pay the £100.

User Info Menu

Maybe the shipping charges have changed then since i last used them but i paid a quarter of that. The guitar is expensive so its piece of mind if you pay the £100.
    I guess so pay a £100 or risk it getting damaged. I know what will happen if I don't insure it lol. Thanks Jamie.

User Info Menu

Hi guys,

It's finally completed. I paid for the guitar this morning and it will be on it's way to me on Monday. I should get it Tues at some point. Also managed to get a better price on shipping in the end via UPS. Fully insured and it ended up costing £45 so I was really happy with that.

I'll post some pics as soon as she turns up. Thanks again for everyone's help much appreciated.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Paulg2uk View Post
    Hi guys,

It's finally completed. I paid for the guitar this morning and it will be on it's way to me on Monday. I should get it Tues at some point. Also managed to get a better price on shipping in the end via UPS. Fully insured and it ended up costing £45 so I was really happy with that.

I'll post some pics as soon as she turns up. Thanks again for everyone's help much appreciated.
    Result, nice one. Look forward to seeing the photos.