Flat Ribbon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Majesty Updates from 2016 to 2020

User Info Menu

Majesty Updates from 2016 to 2020

I have many high end electric guitars. One of my all time favs is my 2016 Majesty. What year did Music Man update or make changes to the Majesty and what were they? I spoke to someone at Music Man a few weeks ago. They said the new model would have more low end so I ordered one from Sweetwater, I actually didn't find any more low end and actually prefer my 2016 so I'm returning it. I'd like to get a second Majesty, so I'd like to know what changes were made on what model years. Thanks!

User Info Menu

Try reading the specs on the website and the specs of the pickup sets on the DiMarzio site.

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    JP12 7 Cardinal Red F29322
    MAJESTY Glacial Frost M08083
    MAJESTY Ferrari Rosso M07113
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso M04775
    NOMAC MAJESTY Timeworn Matte Silver M06246
    MAJESTY Charred Silver Sparkle M08237
    MAJESTY Dargie 3 M08360
    MAJESTY Gremlin Green M0????

User Info Menu

What color is your 2016? The difference in low end would be due to either basswood or mahogany being used for the wings on either side of the center core. Mahogany will sound thicker in the low end compared to basswood.

User Info Menu

Trying to help myself choosing a color

Majesty Updates from 2016 to 2020-majesties2-jpg
    JP12 Cherry Sugar (Piezo, Inlays, Headstock) Born 05/14/12
    JP7 Pearl Redburst (Piezo, inlays, headstock) Born 02/13/04
    Sold : JP6 Blue dawn & JP6 Mystic dream
    Axe FX 2 XL+ & MFC101 MK3 & Roland EV5
    Boss WL-50, Morpheus droptune, G-Lab Wowee Wah, 2x Yamaha HS7, Sennheiser HD25 SP2 & Jamhub Bedroom
    https://www.facebook.com/Laxthestampede/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post

Nice man, really well done!!!!

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Trying to keep track of changes in the JP line can be maddening, even with just the regular JP models. But, they definitely DO sell.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post

The Dargie 3 is not a Sparkle colour, and the Jester Red and Steakhouse are not Monarchies. Just for the record =D

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    MAJESTY Dargie 3 M08360

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DFauvre View Post
    I have many high end electric guitars. One of my all time favs is my 2016 Majesty. What year did Music Man update or make changes to the Majesty and what were they? I spoke to someone at Music Man a few weeks ago. They said the new model would have more low end so I ordered one from Sweetwater, I actually didn't find any more low end and actually prefer my 2016 so I'm returning it. I'd like to get a second Majesty, so I'd like to know what changes were made on what model years. Thanks!
    A more elaborate answer:

Like Tekwerk said, mahogany wings favor the low end frequencies whereas basswood the mid frequencies.

Then there's the pickup factor. The Majesty has used three pickup sets throughout the years. The Illuminator, Sonic Ecstasy, and Dreamcatcher/Rainmaker. The Illuminator set is the brightest of the three. The other two favor the low end a lot more. The DiMarzio website has an EQ diagram for better understanding.

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    MAJESTY Dargie 3 M08360

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tekwerk View Post
    What color is your 2016? The difference in low end would be due to either basswood or mahogany being used for the wings on either side of the center core. Mahogany will sound thicker in the low end compared to basswood.
    that is what I was told by Music Man, mine does NOT have the wings. They said what you did. I ordered a new 2019 Blue Honu with I assume Mahogany wings and it does not sound thicker. I'm trying to buy one used that has the mahogany wings, when did they offer this option? What year and which models?

User Info Menu

that is what I was told by Music Man, mine does NOT have the wings. They said what you did. I ordered a new 2019 Blue Honu with I assume Mahogany wings and it does not sound thicker. I'm trying to buy one used that has the mahogany wings, when did they offer this option? What year and which models?
    All Majesties have wings. Your Blue Honu has African mahogany wings. African mahogany is also called Okume.

The website has all the specs on all models currently available. If you have a question on a discontinued model post and we'll answer.

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    MAJESTY Dargie 3 M08360

User Info Menu

I'd like a second Majesty. I love my 2016, however, I'd like one that has more low end, and I'd like it to be used. I need options of models and the year they were made that would have the mahogany wings to get the Lower tones thanks!

User Info Menu

I'd like a second Majesty. I love my 2016, however, I'd like one that has more low end, and I'd like it to be used. I need options of models and the year they were made that would have the mahogany wings to get the Lower tones thanks!
    The Artisan Majesty and the Monarchy Majesty all have mahogany wings. These two lines are discontinued.

The 2019 and 2020 Majesty colours, which are all available, have both mahogany and basswood wings depending the colour. The opaque finishes (Kinetic Blue, Stealth Black, Red Phoenix etc.) have basswood wings. The transparent finishes have mahogany wings. You can check these all out on EBMM's website.

Then there's the special BFR limited runs. These have either mahogany, basswood or alder wings depending on the model. If you're interested in one of these and cannot find the specs feel free to inquire here =)

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    MAJESTY Dargie 3 M08360

User Info Menu

Is this one of the Artisan Majesty guitars that has mahogany wings? Ernie Ball Music Man John Petrucci Majesty Artisan Glacial | Reverb

User Info Menu

Is this one of the Artisan Majesty guitars that has mahogany wings? Ernie Ball Music Man John Petrucci Majesty Artisan Glacial | Reverb
    No, this is incorrectly labelled as Artisan. This one is from the first line of Majesties and it has basswood wings.

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    MAJESTY Dargie 3 M08360

User Info Menu

I am so glad i am not a big fan of the JP line as the options are crazy, so much choice.
    2010 Axis Super Sport BFR Bahama Blue Burst Rosewood fretboard

You only have 12 notes, what you do with them is up to you - Edward Van Halen