New banner
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steel Blue Axis BFR

User Info Menu

I reached out to Music Man themselves to really try to get an answer.
    According to them the frets are indeed stainless.
    Here is my email correspondence with them.
    Hopefully this clears it up.

2020-06-25_01-14-40

2020-06-25_01-14-21

User Info Menu

Excellent - good to get a definitive on that
    Host of The Pop Society Presents... "Nashville Skies" - Live on Radio Free Matlock - Every 4th Thursday of the Month at 8pm UK Time, or Catch up on Mixcloud

https://www.mixcloud.com/radiofreema...d-may-28-2020/

https://radiofreematlock.co.uk

Follow us on Twitter @NashvilleSkies

User Info Menu

You would think that the folks at Music Man would make this info more easily available.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ThePod View Post
    You would think that the folks at Music Man would make this info more easily available.
    I feel you on that. Here is my email from them stating that it was nickel. Not sure who do believe at this point. I know everyone that is selling this guitar makes no mention of ss frets.

Steel Blue Axis BFR-capture-jpg
    JP12 BFR
    Silo special black 2012
    Silo Trans purple HH Floyd Rose 2012
    Luke III Tumescent BFR

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by guitarheadhunt View Post
    I feel you on that. Here is my email from them stating that it was nickel. Not sure who do believe at this point. I know everyone that is selling this guitar makes no mention of ss frets.

I agree... very confusing!!! I wish you could try one of these BFR models out in person, I think you would be convinced the frets are stainless. As I said I have an older axis as well, made in 2003 so I know it has regular nickel frets. My BFR frets feel harder and are way more shiny than those.

User Info Menu

I am actually trying to decide between these 2.

Dropbox - 20200701_153310.jpg - Simplify your life

Dropbox - 20200701_153219.jpg - Simplify your life

The Burl top is mahogany/burl maple top. The other is basswood/flame maple. I can get a real good deal on the burl top.
    Last edited by guitarheadhunt; 07-01-2020 at 04:34 PM.
    JP12 BFR
    Silo special black 2012
    Luke III Tumescent BFR

User Info Menu

Difficult choice but might have to go burl cos it looks like Rorschach test
    Host of The Pop Society Presents... "Nashville Skies" - Live on Radio Free Matlock - Every 4th Thursday of the Month at 8pm UK Time, or Catch up on Mixcloud

User Info Menu

You sir have a difficult, how shall we say, first world problem! You simply can't make a bad choice here!
    Post pics!!

User Info Menu

Personally I dig the burl.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post
    Personally I dig the burl.
    I actually went for the burl. The guy was off work for a few days and I could not get a hold of anyone at the store. The sales guy finally got up with on the 4th and someone had put it on layaway on the 3rd. The guy has 30 days to pay it off. I am hoping he doesnít. The salesman said I will be his first call.

I did find a smoking deal on a used Sabre. Boujee burst. Not a thing wrong with it. It was at a guitar center in CT. They wanted $2300. I just got it today. Only Thing wrong with it was someone didnít know how to use the locking tuners. The strings started popping out when I started tuning it. I replaced the strings made some tweaks on the setup and man the guitar plays like a dream. The pickups sound great but not as hot as I am use to. I am use to my transition in my Lukeís and silos. I think the pickups sound better than the Luke just not as hot. Volume boost on the way in and problem solved.

I have not officially made a NGD thread yet.
    JP12 BFR
    Silo special black 2012
    Luke III Tumescent BFR

User Info Menu

Can’t wait to see the Sabre pictures!!!!!

WillyD is offline Ernie Ball, Inc. Ernie Ball Customer Service

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by guitarheadhunt View Post

Hello,

The frets are indeed stainless, sorry for the confusion here.
    "he played like he was in jail- behind a few bars & couldn't find the key"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WillyD View Post
    Hello,

The frets are indeed stainless, sorry for the confusion here.
    @WilllyD. I feel like stainless frets are such a hot thing these days and a real selling point. Can you elaborate on why Music Man would not list this feature as one of the highlights of this guitar in any of the online descriptions?

User Info Menu

Dropbox - 20200710_011618.jpg - Simplify your life

Dropbox - 20200710_011553.jpg - Simplify your life

Dropbox - 20200710_011540.jpg - Simplify your life

I need to do a NGD post. The guitar is great other than some tuning issues I am having with it. Trying figure it out. Bridge is to the body. I put new strings all be it 9s instead of the factory installed 10s.just needed a slight adjust on the intonation not much. Neck is where I like it and action. Is right at 1.5mm. I need to start looking at the nut and saddles. I will say the neck feels fabulous. I am liking the neck better than my silos and Luke. It is close to the feel of a jp but more curved. The neck even feels better than my jp12. The pickups sound great but not as hot as I would like them to be. They seem to be 10 15 dB quite than my Luke when I plug into my interface. Still hoping that axis burl top comes available.
    JP12 BFR
    Silo special black 2012
    Luke III Tumescent BFR

User Info Menu

Very nice and great collection you have going there!!!

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"