The Vault

Thread: Sterling MM AX40 tuners

User Info Menu

Sterling MM AX40 tuners

Looking for some Black tuners for my Sterling MM AX4 and wondering what I should be looking for. I'm looking for quality that won't break the bank.

Thanks!

(Got my ax4 and the ax40 confused)
    Last edited by Musicman 380; 06-28-2020 at 05:46 PM.

User Info Menu

Anyone? Need to find out ASAP. If someone could just point me in the right direction....

User Info Menu

Brian, a little help possibly?

I'm guessing the config I should be looking for is 4R2L, but I need this to be a direct swap out with no drilling or modification.

Until I find this my guitar is gonna stay prisoner of Guitar Center.

User Info Menu

Have you done a forum search?

Schaller M6 Locking tuners

Does this help it's not an AX40. Have you tried emailing Sterling by Music Man, it's a separate company?

Sterling by Music Man

info@sterlingbymusicman.com

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Thank you.

The first link you provided is for a JP, so it's not the same guitar..unknown if the tuners are the same.

Thanks for the email address..I emailed them and am waiting for a response.

And actually I have an AX4, not an AX40. No difference as far as the head or tuners though...I always get the two confused.

User Info Menu

So in case anyone is curious, Sterling MM referred me to Pitbull Audio. Apparently they supplied the original hardware for my Sterling MM AX4.