VPJR Tuner Launch

Thread: Used Cost Rising?

User Info Menu

Used Cost Rising?

Hello all,

On the market for used 2013 or newer JP seven. Have you noticed the average cost increase? I purchased a Majesty in 2017 at a great price, but cannot find many offers worth looking at. Most offers are sitting at new prices (some even higher). Is Reverb still considered a reasonable used vendor?

Thanks all!

Jeff

User Info Menu

Jeff - almost seems that way. Reverb seems really high on most things I look at. I may have thought it would be the opposite right now.
    EBMM Axis Super Sport (Pacific Blue Burst)
    EBMM L3 HH (Olive Gold)
    EBMM L3 HSS Roasted (Bodhi Blue)
    EBMM Silo Special (Blue Dawn)
    EBMM Albert Lee SSS (Sky Blue)
    EBMM Cutlass (Vintage Turquoise)
    EBMM L3 BFR (Blueberry Burst)
    EBMM Cutlass HSS (Firemist Silver)

www.TheseGuysLive.com
    Facebook

User Info Menu

Discontinued instruments and rare-to-find instruments are bound to maintain their worth. It's no wonder really.

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    JP12 7 Cardinal Red F29322
    MAJESTY Glacial Frost M08083
    MAJESTY Ferrari Rosso M07113
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso M04775
    NOMAC MAJESTY Timeworn Matte Silver M06246
    MAJESTY Charred Silver Sparkle M08237
    MAJESTY Dargie 3 M08360
    MAJESTY Gremlin Green M0????

User Info Menu

Yes, I have bought used JPs at what I consider fair prices compared to brand new, much more difficult to find recently. Fortunately, I found at good deal on a JP15 at $2000 on Facebook across the state. If purchased, I will be sure to post pics!

User Info Menu

The new ones really got out of my reach since I bought my AL Starry Night (Received it in March 2017). I bet it is the same for many of us. No surprise the demand for second-hand instruments increased. Hence the prices...
    Last edited by Magic Jason; 07-01-2020 at 07:32 AM.
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Candy Apple Red
    AL MM90 Sparkle Turquoise
    L3 HSS Olive Gold

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Jason View Post
    The new ones really got out of my reach since I bought my AL Starry Night (Received it in March 2017). I bet it is the same for many of us. No surprise the demand for second-hand instruments rised. Hence the prices...
    I agree with this statement.
    I've noticed the 'asking' prices for Albert Lee's (my main focus) have gone up dramatically over the last 2 years.
    I've also noticed they don't sell until the prices come back down to something more realistic...
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xjbebop View Post
    I agree with this statement.
    I've noticed the 'asking' prices for Albert Lee's (my main focus) have gone up dramatically over the last 2 years.
    I've also noticed they don't sell until the prices come back down to something more realistic...
    Not only are we on the same boat, but rowing with the very same paddle, my friend!

I've seen second-hand AL HH priced at 2100$. It's crazy when I paid 2200€ (in Europe!!!) for my brand new PDN 2014. (Which is the best axe in the universe, BTW)
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Candy Apple Red
    AL MM90 Sparkle Turquoise
    L3 HSS Olive Gold

User Info Menu

Yeah, the prices have definitely gone up, whether they are selling at those prices is another matter. I always check the completed listings to see the real picture of what the buying market is willing to go to price wise
    Host of The Pop Society Presents... "Nashville Skies" - Live on Radio Free Matlock - Every 4th Thursday of the Month at 8pm UK Time, or Catch up on Mixcloud

https://www.mixcloud.com/radiofreema...d-may-28-2020/

https://radiofreematlock.co.uk

Follow us on Twitter @NashvilleSkies

User Info Menu

I think a LOT of people are just sitting on guitars, I don't see a lot these days.

I see a few cases where people need money and those prices are very good.

In many cases people are just putting stuff out there at unreasonable costs and they don't sell. And again, a lot of product just isn't for sale.

On Reverb, it's not Reverb, its content are individual sellers, so Reverb doesn't have anything to do with it. Recently they've been sending out these "market prices" but I think that's just to stimulate sales. From what I see a LOT of guitars are out there but aren't selling.

I like Reverb because of ebay's policies of favoritism to buyers (the ones with the money) over sellers, so from my experience I generally stay away from ebay because it's risky. Reverb is great (except for their shipping coverage for damage), I like it because it seems to be populated by folks like you and I, just musicians.
    '97 Axis Sport Transparent Purple
    '05 JP6 Medallion Gold
    '09 Axis Amber Quilt
    '11 JP6 Pearl White
    '11 Axis Purple Quilt
    '12 SM-Y2D Purple Sunset
    '18 Majesty Monarchy Majestic Purple

MY MUSIC is on Facebook and Reverbnation.

User Info Menu

I love Reverb, too. Perhaps used prices have increased because new prices have increased? That’s how I see it.

2019 Albert Lee - BFR - Electric Shimmer
    2019 Axis SS semi hollow - DuBaldo Blue - rosewood neck
    2019 StingRay fretless - BFR - Sierra Vintage Burst
    2018 Axis SS - BFR - Buckeye Burl
    2017 StingRay 5 - 30th Ann
    2013 Luke III - PDN - emerald green sparkle
    - rosewood neck
    2012 Morse - BFR - Dark Lord
    2010 Axis SS - red flame - rosewood neck
    2009 Axis - pink quilt
    2006 StingRay fretless - 30th Ann
    2000 Axis SS - Lavender Pearl
    1996 StingRay - 20th Ann
    1995 Albert Lee - Jim Messina’s

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Seems to be the case, in-depth looking on the used market this week yielded a few good deals (nothing great).

User Info Menu

Lesson here is keep ya Balls as they are expensive to replace :-)
    2010 Axis Super Sport BFR Bahama Blue Burst Rosewood fretboard

You only have 12 notes, what you do with them is up to you - Edward Van Halen

User Info Menu

Pre owned MM gtrs have steadily increased in the asking price by quite a bit over the past 5-6 years. Used to be common to find certain models well under the 1k mark. On the other hand the company has invested so much into itself and its artists and gtr manufacturing that it has really joined the ranks of many other builders such as suhr, tyler and anderson. The good news is that your already owned MM gtrs have a much higher resale value. Its a sellers market on MM gtrs.
    Fusionman’s gtrs:

2012 Fender American Special Tele-Sunburst
    2007 EBMM JP6-Mystic Dream w/piezo, matching headstock, dot inlays (thanks Pete D)
    2005 Parker Nitefly-Trans red
    2002 EBMM Axis Sport-Trans gold, hum/hum, matching headstock, trem (thanks Mike Z)
    1984 custom Parts-O-Caster Strat Black
    1976 custom Gibson 335-Sunburst
    NO ACOUSTICS; and I like it that way

User Info Menu

I have never had a problem selling MM guitars until recently. I just could not sell my Valentine. I priced it fairly but people still tried to low ball. Fortunately it has now sold and to a fellow Knucklehead which makes it a good deal for all.
    2010 Axis Super Sport BFR Bahama Blue Burst Rosewood fretboard

You only have 12 notes, what you do with them is up to you - Edward Van Halen