Straps 2020

Thread: Value of a EVH model

User Info Menu

Value of a EVH model

I came across a purple EVH and seriously in love but I donít know how much to offer the seller.
    The condition appears to be quite nice.
    Help a bro out please
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Value of a EVH model-8652a7f0-b149-42bb-9b38-eb9b074e4630-jpg   Value of a EVH model-1db4f0e8-fbe0-4214-b37d-257e4ae28f7a-jpg   Value of a EVH model-000a93bb-1ca5-4187-b380-0a50f6139572-jpg   Value of a EVH model-a12bc329-f2ff-456a-8d6c-8fba58dfa6ff-jpg   Value of a EVH model-f975676d-5f9a-4509-953d-42436bdd1284-jpg  

User Info Menu

Been looking for one of those for a while, seen a few but not many, right off the top of my head I think $3k seems to be the going rate, but that's in great shape. This one the KB is dirty. If I could find one for $2k I'd bite.

Purple rules!
    '97 Axis Sport Transparent Purple
    '05 JP6 Medallion Gold
    '09 Axis Amber Quilt
    '11 JP6 Pearl White
    '11 Axis Purple Quilt
    '12 SM-Y2D Purple Sunset
    '18 Majesty Monarchy Majestic Purple

MY MUSIC is on Facebook and Reverbnation.

User Info Menu

that’s the cleanest example I seen, has the top been refinished?
    Steve Morse Y2D NB - G71869.

User Info Menu

I guess I stand corrected, there's a purple EVH on fleabay that's unplayed, untouched, all COA's.

It's got a bid for $10k.
    '97 Axis Sport Transparent Purple
    '05 JP6 Medallion Gold
    '09 Axis Amber Quilt
    '11 JP6 Pearl White
    '11 Axis Purple Quilt
    '12 SM-Y2D Purple Sunset
    '18 Majesty Monarchy Majestic Purple

MY MUSIC is on Facebook and Reverbnation.

User Info Menu

This is one of the only ones I've seen where the purple isn't completely faded out. That adds a lot of value. There simply aren't that many in this color condition. This alone may price it out of your range.

User Info Menu

Always loved this guitar, it's what caught my eye of EBMM, hope you scored it, looks to be in great shape.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Technique Practice, practice, practice. You can do all of those things without a ton of gain.

EVHs early tones weren't overly gainy. But he had a ton of sustain from all of that volume. (In the later years it got gainy.)

Playing with a lot of gain - at volume - takes a fair amount of technique, or it can sound flubby and messy. (If you don't pick cleanly or mute properly, it can sound awful.) Imo, too many people crank up the gain when they'd sound way better with less.

As far as advice on tone ... you just have to keep playing with things until you find a good balance. There are a million variables in your signal chain. I would start with less gain and better EQ of your overall sound. Remember- guitars live in the mids. Don't be overly bassy or trebly if you want to be heard in a live setting. It's all about finding the sweet spot. What sounds good at home doesn't necessarily sound good live.

User Info Menu

Just my tuppence worth as I just sold my EVH hardtail...

These hold their value and they are going for around £2k UK - having had 4 Axis's and the EVH is clear to see the evolution of the design of the instrument. When I was a younger man and the EVH first came out I assumed that tthe axis was just a rebrand after, but having played both I prefer the axis, - for me it feels like more thought and evolution has gone into it (This is where someone tells me spec wise it's 100% the same lol)

My advice (And obviously if it's safe to do so) is try the axis and make 100% sure you want an EVH, most examples now have been played, they have had a lot of use (Even at £2k) - so a new axis will give you your own journey and your own tool.

Good luck in your quest either way !
    The Holy Trinity of Awesome design, tone and magic:

G50887 - This Albert Lee HH was completed on August 13th, 2010. 1 off- Lake Placid Blue
    N00363 - This Armada was completed on September 27th, 2013. Mint Green
    G47271 - This 25th Anniversary HH was completed on April 27th, 2009. Venetian Redburst

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Smellybum View Post
    Just my tuppence worth as I just sold my EVH hardtail...

These hold their value and they are going for around £2k UK - having had 4 Axis's and the EVH is clear to see the evolution of the design of the instrument. When I was a younger man and the EVH first came out I assumed that tthe axis was just a rebrand after, but having played both I prefer the axis, - for me it feels like more thought and evolution has gone into it (This is where someone tells me spec wise it's 100% the same lol)

My advice (And obviously if it's safe to do so) is try the axis and make 100% sure you want an EVH, most examples now have been played, they have had a lot of use (Even at £2k) - so a new axis will give you your own journey and your own tool.

Good luck in your quest either way !
    Smelly, well put.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"