Strap Blocks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Didn't realise EBMM made 12 strings

User Info Menu

Didn't realise EBMM made 12 strings

I was reading why Steuart Smith isn't a member of the Eagles online
    and came across this photograph.Joe playing his ASS and Steuart with a 12 string double neck.

Didn't realise EBMM made 12 strings-eagles-joe-walsh-steuart-smith-gettyimages-1177581615-jpg
    Last edited by Pops; 07-08-2020 at 08:53 AM.

User Info Menu

The Silhouette Doubleneck used to be a regular model for about 8-10 years; I think it was under the BFR umbrella. I also believe it was dropped as a regular model when EBMM revamped the lineup in 2016 - but it might have been dropped prior to the revamp.

I saw the Eagles in 2010 - saw Steuart and Joe playing those guitars live.

User Info Menu

Was watching a PBS channel with the late Charlie Daniels and one of his backup guys was playing the Silo Double neck.

Pete use to have one, not sure if he still does or now. They look heavy to me.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Here's one in action-

Big Wreck - Albatross

Doesn't hurt that the guy (Ian Thornley) is an incredible singer, player, and also kills it at slide. Some guys get all the talent ...

User Info Menu

So how many posts before someone shouts "Holy pink sparkle Axis, Batman!"?
    Forum Moderator, Guitar Teacher and Guitar Tech, Folder of Underpants, Stubber of Toes.
    Irish/American in Paris

Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Click here for my Music Man photo albums

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrKev View Post
    So how many posts before someone shouts "Holy pink sparkle Axis, Batman!"?
    Is it pink or Salmon, either way awesome!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sweat View Post
    Looks Salmon to me Keith.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sweat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    Looks Salmon to me Keith.
    That's ma boys! Us guitar nerds gotta nerd good!
    Forum Moderator, Guitar Teacher and Guitar Tech, Folder of Underpants, Stubber of Toes.
    Irish/American in Paris

Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Click here for my Music Man photo albums

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrKev View Post
    That's ma boys! Us guitar nerds gotta nerd good!
    Hahahahahahahaha, thanx Kev.

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

They look heavy to me.

Glenn |B)
    Yes Glenn I've played one and they are !
    Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112:
    Fender Jaguar Modern - P90's

User Info Menu

Was watching a PBS channel with the late Charlie Daniels and one of his backup guys was playing the Silo Double neck.

Pete use to have one, not sure if he still does or now. They look heavy to me.

Glenn |B)
    Yes, I've got the only one in the limited edition run of Black Sugar w/ roasted necks! It has been a while since I've used it at a gig, but with the addition of a Bon Jovi tribute band in my gig rotation later this summer/fall I will certainly be bringing it back out.

The weight on mine isn't too bad (especially for just a few songs here and there), and it's pretty well balanced.

Older pics are here: Ernie Ball Music Man Double-Neck Silhouette B.F.R. - Black Sugar
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

Those are some great necks on yours, Pete!
    ---------------
    Axis SS Semi-Hollow in Diablo Blue
    Hunter Hayes Cutlass in Lake Tahoe Blue
    Cutlass RS in Charging Green
    Luke 3 HH in Starry Night
    Valentine in Trans Maroon
    Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo

User Info Menu

THE COMPLETE AXE-FX III MASTER CLASS
    YouTube Channel
    FAS Production Consultant to Dream Theater, Metallica, Maroon 5, Journey, Taylor Swift, Avenged Sevenfold, etc.
    FAS Beta Tester / Digital Media Producer

User Info Menu

Came across this today on them there interwebs.

The write said this "The Music Man Silhouette Double Neck Guitar was originally custom designed exclusively for Steuart Smith of the Eagles. The Silhouette 6/12 doubleneck features a 6-string guitar on top with a 12-string guitar below."

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

Glenn |B)