Mariposa Green

Thread: Anyone else wish that their Morse standard ......

User Info Menu

Anyone else wish that their Morse standard ......

....had a non-locking trem?
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you.

User Info Menu

Actually yes sometimes i do!!
    Gio

Steve Morse Y2D with Floyd Rose
    Blueburst Steve Morse standard
    Purple Sterling Axis

User Info Menu

Nope.
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

I like the way that it’s pretty much stayed the same since day one, I wouldn’t change a thing
    Steve Morse Y2D NB - G71869.

User Info Menu

Id love a standard morse with the jp floating trem. There are a lot of advantages with the tune o matic bridge and hardtail though. Id never want the floyd personally.
    Last edited by Fusionman; 07-13-2020 at 05:14 PM.
    Fusionman’s gtrs:

2012 Fender American Special Tele-Sunburst
    2007 EBMM JP6-Mystic Dream w/piezo, matching headstock, dot inlays (thanks Pete D)
    2005 Parker Nitefly-Trans red
    2002 EBMM Axis Sport-Trans gold, hum/hum, matching headstock, trem (thanks Mike Z)
    1984 custom Parts-O-Caster Strat Black
    1976 custom Gibson 335-Sunburst
    NO ACOUSTICS; and I like it that way

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fusionman View Post
    Id love a standard morse with the jp floating trem. There are a lot of advantages with the tune o matic bridge and hardtail though. Id never want the floyd personally.
    I had one with a Floyd and recently got rid of it. It was just too klunky for me. I'm down to just my 1988 Standard and I love it. I've changes the pickups and set it up for me and it covers a lot of ground sonically. I just wish sometimes that it had a non locking trem.

User Info Menu

Anyone else wish that their Morse standard ......-456990250mzmdmg_ph-jpg
    Thereīs at least a Y2D in the vault.

I suggest: get yourself a SUB1. it has the same woods, very similar shape and you can equip it with Morse pickups
    blueburst Steve Morse Standard, Jan 03, 2005
    pinkburst Albert Lee, Jul 13, 1994
    cinnamon SUB1, Mar 08, 2004
    vintage gold reflex, June 22, 2011

My Band: Groove Bang

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by banjoplayer View Post
    Anyone else wish that their Morse standard ......-456990250mzmdmg_ph-jpg
    Thereīs at least a Y2D in the vault.

I suggest: get yourself a SUB1. it has the same woods, very similar shape and you can equip it with Morse pickups
    That's a great idea. I may just do that. I've had a couple of Y2D's also. Great guitars!

User Info Menu

Personally I'm fine with the hard tail. I guess if Steve Morse wants to Whammy, he Whammies hard and needs the Floyd. I think originally it was a non-floating floyd but then they changed it to a recessed floyd.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vuduhwy View Post
    That's a great idea. I may just do that. I've had a couple of Y2D's also. Great guitars!
    the picture is an old one I collected many years ago from this forum. Itīs from the EBMM Headquarter. This Y2D with standard trem may be a proto or a one-off.

I got myself a SUB1 in 2014 and put singlecoils in, because I wanted something that plays and feels similiar to my Morse with singlecoils in it. It became a pretty nice guitar, but it plays and sounds a bit different than the Morseīs hardtail. I assume itīs because of the standard trem (brass block) - but thatīs what you want :-)

User Info Menu

the picture is an old one I collected many years ago from this forum. Itīs from the EBMM Headquarter. This Y2D with standard trem may be a proto or a one-off.
    Wow that's pretty cool, never seen one like that, how do you like it like that?

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Anyone else wish that their Morse standard ......-456990594zvhfgx_ph-jpg

not sure about the standard Morse. May be a standard trem or something else. Doesnīt quite look like a Floyd Rose but I really canīt tell from this pic

User Info Menu

Anyone else wish that their Morse standard ......-456990594zvhfgx_ph-jpg

not sure about the standard Morse. May be a standard trem or something else. Doesnīt quite look like a Floyd Rose but I really canīt tell from this pic
    Oh my bad, I thought it was yours. That's a factory picture, I get it now.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    Oh my bad, I thought it was yours. That's a factory picture, I get it now.

Glenn |B)
    OMG no!
    The pic was from the forum, I guess from one of the "Open House" events.... maybe 2005

User Info Menu

OMG no!
    The pic was from the forum, I guess from one of the "Open House" events.... maybe 2005
    Hahahahahahaha, I would have seen it, I was at the Open House, but that was sooooo long ago.

Glenn |B)