Flat Ribbon

Thread: Tremolo tension spring?

User Info Menu

Tremolo tension spring?

So my whammy bar got real loose and i like it stiff and staying in place
    Adjusting the little screw will do the trick but i cant pull it out if i do that... (yes i tried various pressures)
    I heared theres a spring u insert to where the bar sits thats supposed to stop this issue
    Is there one specificly for musicman? Fender has one for their guitars

My guitar is a sterling majesty 7 string if it matters

User Info Menu

Which adjustment did you use to make the bar tighter? The bar has several adjustment screws, usually 3. One controls how loose or tight it is, one controls how strongly the locking spring locks in place, and one tensions the tip of the bar against the locking spring.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tbonesullivan View Post
    Which adjustment did you use to make the bar tighter? The bar has several adjustment screws, usually 3. One controls how loose or tight it is, one controls how strongly the locking spring locks in place, and one tensions the tip of the bar against the locking spring.
    3? I only saw one at the side of the connector where the bar enters the bridge
    Would u tell me where the other ones are located?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flyleaf View Post
    3? I only saw one at the side of the connector where the bar enters the bridge
    Would u tell me where the other ones are located?
    Why not take a few pictures and post them, it's much easier sometimes.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Well, I could be wrong. I'm more familiar with the EBMM tremolos than the ones on the Sterling by Musicman. You may just have it too tight, which prevents it from coming out.

The "spring" only works with screw in tremolo arms.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck