Straps 2020
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I知 torn

User Info Menu

I知 torn

I知 looking at Lukes and I used own one of the true gold Luke痴 with rosewood necks years ago and sold it. One has come up for sale and I知 torn between buying that or a Luke 3. I know I can get a Luke 3 anyway but the true golds don稚 come up for sale often . What do you guys think ?
    Gio

Steve Morse Y2D with Floyd Rose
    Blueburst Steve Morse standard
    Purple Sterling Axis

User Info Menu

Find a Luke 3 with a rosewood neck! Olive Gold look super cool and sound best !
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Sparkle Pink
    AL MM90 Sparkle Turquoise
    L3 HSS Olive Gold

User Info Menu

Good idea , but The true gold is one of my favorites colors. EBMM should bring that color back!!!!
    Gio

Purple Sterling Axis

User Info Menu

Well that's a tough one, the Olive Gold are cool, but the True Gold is pretty nice as well. I guess it comes down to which pickups are going to work best for you? Or get them both .

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    Well that's a tough one, the Olive Gold are cool, but the True Gold is pretty nice as well. I guess it comes down to which pickups are going to work best for you? Or get them both .

Glenn |B)
    yes both crossed my mind but that would be expensive. I like the emg set I have a set in an old strat. ive never tried the transition pickups.
    Gio

Purple Sterling Axis

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gforce013 View Post
    yes both crossed my mind but that would be expensive. I like the emg set I have a set in an old strat. ive never tried the transition pickups.
    Sounds like you might need to see what Pete has in stock and take a little trip over to Conn.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

I love the True Gold. It has a solid rosewood neck.

2019 Albert Lee - BFR - Electric Shimmer
    2019 Axis SS semi hollow - DuBaldo Blue - rosewood neck
    2019 StingRay fretless - BFR - Sierra Vintage Burst
    2018 Axis SS - BFR - Buckeye Burl
    2017 StingRay 5 - 30th Ann
    2013 Luke III - PDN - emerald green sparkle
    - rosewood neck
    2012 Morse - BFR - Dark Lord
    2010 Axis SS - red flame - rosewood neck
    2009 Axis - pink quilt
    2006 StingRay fretless - 30th Ann
    2000 Axis SS - Lavender Pearl
    1996 StingRay - 20th Ann
    1995 Albert Lee - Jim Messina痴

User Info Menu

I have a Luke II True Gold and a Luke III Bodhi Blue both with rosewood necks. I definitely prefer the True Gold!!
    Luke 2 Graphite Pearl MH
    Luke 2 Luke Blue
    Luke 2 BFR True Gold Rosewood
    Luke 3 BFR Boysenberry Quilt
    Luke 3 PDN Bodhi Blue Rosewood
    JP6 White Pearl MH
    JP6 PDN Starry Night MH
    Cutlass PDN Starry Night MH
    Cutlass Ghostwood
    Cutlass Black

User Info Menu

Thanks gforce013! Not to hijack your thread but I've been wanting a LUKE III/ Rosewood neck for awhile and we'll... Just pulled the trigger a few hours ago. Good luck my friend! Wish it were an Olive Gold but I'll settle for black
    1959 Gibson Melody Maker
    Vintage Sunburst
    1986 MIJ Squier Tele Blonde
    1994 PRS McCarty Tortoise Shell
    2016 EBMM Cutlass Black
    2018 Warmoth Tele Purple Quilt/Ash Rosewood Neck Ebony Board

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SilosRock View Post
    Thanks gforce013! Not to hijack your thread but I've been wanting a LUKE III/ Rosewood neck for awhile and we'll... Just pulled the trigger a few hours ago. Good luck my friend! Wish it were an Olive Gold but I'll settle for black
    No worries at all However the guitar doesn’t exist without pictures!!!!!

There was a black L3 on reverb with a rosewood neck for a decent hope you grabbed that. I looked at that one too.
    Gio

Purple Sterling Axis

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gforce013 View Post
    No worries at all However the guitar doesn’t exist without pictures!!!!!

There was a black L3 on reverb with a rosewood neck for a decent hope you grabbed that. I looked at that one too.
    Yes sir! That would be the one. Been waiting for an Olive Gold to pop up at a price point I feel is worth it but nada. Good luck on the True Gold... Beautiful color!

Will def post pics once in my possession
    1959 Gibson Melody Maker
    Vintage Sunburst
    2016 EBMM Cutlass Black

User Info Menu

My vote is True Gold because of the rosewood neck. I'll have a few of the new L3 colors arriving in a couple weeks.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

TRUE GOLD is an incredible color. Honestly much better than "Tumescent", which Is a color I don't understand at all.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

Colour aside, I've tried and owned a "regular" luke III, a bfr luke III and 3 (long story) Olive Gold Luke III and these always sounded better to my ears. Probably a bit sweeter. (Which may not be what others prefer.) This Olive Gold-rosewood neck combo has some dark magic built into it!
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Sparkle Pink
    AL MM90 Sparkle Turquoise
    L3 HSS Olive Gold

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDuBaldo View Post
    My vote is True Gold because of the rosewood neck. I'll have a few of the new L3 colors arriving in a couple weeks.
    Olive! Olive! Olive! Btw, thanks for the pickguard for the ole Silo! Appreciate the extremely fast shipping.

- Nick
    1959 Gibson Melody Maker
    Vintage Sunburst
    2016 EBMM Cutlass Black