Strap Blocks

Thread: Hope this is ok???

User Info Menu

Hope this is ok???

Got a Sterling Luke for free recently and had a ton of parts from years of guitar building. Made it my own. Replaced with graphtech saddles, Gibson 61 pickups, Gotoh locking tuners, Rosewood knobs, Switch tip, Tuner buttons, and new pots. Hope you guys like it. I love it!

User Info Menu

Looks sweet man! Very subtle appointments that adds some class. How do the gibby pups sound?
    1959 Gibson Melody Maker
    Vintage Sunburst
    1986 MIJ Squier Tele Blonde
    1994 PRS McCarty Tortoise Shell
    2016 EBMM Cutlass Black
    2018 Warmoth Tele Purple Quilt/Ash Rosewood Neck Ebony Board

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SilosRock View Post
    Looks sweet man! Very subtle appointments that adds some class. How do the gibby pups sound?
    Thanks man. They sound amazing. More organic and a lot less fizz than the Sterling Indo pups. My 61 SG pups are just amazing so I found an extra set and dropped them in. The 5 way switch and 12 dB preamp push/push volume knob is amazing with the pups. Honestly, this is one of the best feeling and playing guitars Iíve found. I have short arms and smaller hands. This just fits me. When I received it, it wasnít playable, but I have a luthier background so with some tweaks and mods itís spot on now. Playing it live twice a week

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jasonk931 View Post
    Thanks man. They sound amazing. More organic and a lot less fizz than the Sterling Indo pups. My 61 SG pups are just amazing so I found an extra set and dropped them in. The 5 way switch and 12 dB preamp push/push volume knob is amazing with the pups. Honestly, this is one of the best feeling and playing guitars I’ve found. I have short arms and smaller hands. This just fits me. When I received it, it wasn’t playable, but I have a luthier background so with some tweaks and mods it’s spot on now. Playing it live twice a week
    That's awesome! Love when ya have parts lying around and they come to good use.

My success rate trying to improve the ole guitfiddles is about 50% haha. Most of the time I go back to the factory specs in which it came. Glad you're enjoying the sterling and proving it can be a great gigging machine...that looks absolutely stunning
    1959 Gibson Melody Maker
    Vintage Sunburst
    1986 MIJ Squier Tele Blonde
    1994 PRS McCarty Tortoise Shell
    2016 EBMM Cutlass Black
    2018 Warmoth Tele Purple Quilt/Ash Rosewood Neck Ebony Board

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SilosRock View Post
    That's awesome! Love when ya have parts lying around and they come to good use.

My success rate trying to improve the ole guitfiddles is about 50% haha. Most of the time I go back to the factory specs in which it came. Glad you're enjoying the sterling and proving it can be a great gigging machine...that looks absolutely stunning
    Thanks man. I know what you mean. I was very Leary of this one when it came into my shop. Considering it was free, I figured it was worth the upgrading. Honestly, Sterling being the lower version of Musicman is still fairly amazing quality. Unlike other 2nd tier guitar companies. Hats off to Indonesia.

User Info Menu

That looks bitchin
    Good work!
    Host of The Pop Society Presents... "Nashville Skies" - Live on Radio Free Matlock - Every 4th Thursday of the Month at 8pm UK Time, or Catch up on Mixcloud

https://www.mixcloud.com/radiofreema...ember-24-2020/

https://radiofreematlock.co.uk

Follow us on Twitter @NashvilleSkies

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TripHazard View Post
    That looks bitchin
    Good work!
    Thanks man

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jasonk931 View Post
    Thanks man. I know what you mean. I was very Leary of this one when it came into my shop. Considering it was free, I figured it was worth the upgrading. Honestly, Sterling being the lower version of Musicman is still fairly amazing quality. Unlike other 2nd tier guitar companies. Hats off to Indonesia.
    It looks very decent! Congrats to your job! If it was free - killer!!!
    (I had an SBMM, and I had sympathies for it, it was nice, but still needed treatment. EBMM-level was not reachable)
    blueburst Steve Morse Standard, Jan 03, 2005
    pinkburst Albert Lee, Jul 13, 1994
    cinnamon SUB1, Mar 08, 2004
    vintage gold reflex, June 22, 2011

My Band: Groove Bang

User Info Menu

That came out great. There is nothing better than a free guitar.

2019 Albert Lee - BFR - Electric Shimmer
    2019 Axis SS semi hollow - DuBaldo Blue - rosewood neck
    2019 StingRay fretless - BFR - Sierra Vintage Burst
    2018 Axis SS - BFR - Buckeye Burl
    2017 StingRay 5 - 30th Ann
    2013 Luke III - PDN - emerald green sparkle
    - rosewood neck
    2012 Morse - BFR - Dark Lord
    2010 Axis SS - red flame - rosewood neck
    2009 Axis - pink quilt
    2006 StingRay fretless - 30th Ann
    2000 Axis SS - Lavender Pearl
    1996 StingRay - 20th Ann
    1995 Albert Lee - Jim Messinaís

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tollie View Post
    Thanks! Absolutely

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tollie View Post
    What about 2 free guitars...
    Trans Gold Axis- Flame (DOB 12.13.1996)
    Trans Green Axis Sport (DOB 12.02.1997)
    Trans Green Axis- Quilt (DOB 03.14.2000)
    Black HH Albert Lee (DOB 12.01.2009)
    Honey Roasted Axis - Quilt (DOB 09.20.2012)
    White HSS Silo Spec (DOB 02.03.2014)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stratty316 View Post
    What about 2 free guitars...
    Lol