Strap Blocks

Thread: Gigbag recommendations?

User Info Menu

Gigbag recommendations?

Hi All,

I gig a lot regionally and with theatrical productions and Iíve always found for me, since Iím not throwing my gear in a trailer, thag a quality gigbag has been a lot more practical for me than a hard shell case. Since EBMM guitars are shorter and, at least for the Luke II, the bodies tend to be a little smaller, Iím finding it really slides around a lot in the bag I usually like to use.

Does anyone have recommendations for a quality protective bag that fits these guitars well?

Jason

User Info Menu

I've been using the Mono ones for years. The M80 and a Vertigo. (They're both awesome, though I prefer the Vertigo.)

User Info Menu

I use the Mono Sleeve gig bag and I luuuuurve it. It's a tight fit (you have to open the zippers all the way and push the guitar down in there) and it has a neck support and the guitar will not move an inch when it's in. I bought it for travelling so I could have something that I felt offered sufficient protection if I could not get the guitar in an aircraft's overhead locker and it had to go in the hold with strollers and other small luggage. But, it's also then most comfortable gig bag I have ever worn. I LOVE having it on my back and I really do spend a lot of time walking around this city with a guitar (or would do without coronavirus). I love that come sin grey. Classy color! The big flap and buckle is a pain but you get used to it.
    Forum Moderator, Guitar Teacher and Guitar Tech, Folder of Underpants, Stubber of Toes.
    Irish/American in Paris

Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Click here for my Music Man photo albums

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

User Info Menu

I carry my MM in a Reunion Blues Aero and really trust it.
    + Superior protection/built
    + Looks great
    - Really small pockets

Aero Series Electric Guitar Case – Reunion Blues Gig Bags
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Candy Apple Red
    AL MM90 Sparkle Turquoise
    L3 HSS Olive Gold

User Info Menu

Interesting!

Keep them coming! Anyone with a snug fit for a Silo?
    SBMM Silhouette HSS
    You can tune a bass but you can't tuna fish.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Interesting!

Keep them coming! Anyone with a snug fit for a Silo?
    Hey Stephen, I had an old Ernie Ball gigbag made by Levi back in the day that held my silo great. I would chuck in/out the car, throw on top of tables and for lack of a better word not gentle. Very secure bag.

I have nothing but hardshells these days and im sure the ones recommended are much better along with being newer. If ya can grab an old EBMM gigbag... It'll serve ya just fine!
    1991 Silhouette(Natural Ash/Maple
    Neck/T-shell/LaceSensorGolds)

2009 AxisSS MM90(Vintage Sunburst)
    2018 Warmoth Tele (Swap Ash/Purple
    Quilt Top/Rosewood Neck/Ebony
    board)

2012 Luke III Rosewood Neck(Black)
    2016 Gibson LP Traditional(Light Burst)

User Info Menu

Thirded on the Mono bags. It's all I use at this point unless I'm bringing a hard case.

User Info Menu

I use the 2 guitar Mono bag for 2 Axis(es). Gigged at least monthly for 7 years with no issues other than cosmetics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2003 HB Axis
    2007 BCB Axis SS w/piezo
    2013 Solar Burst Axis SS BFR

User Info Menu

Thanks everybody. I have a mono vertigo I’ve been using for another guitar but the Luke just seems to swim in it. I’ll have to check out the sleeve model and the RB bag!

User Info Menu

Check out Fusion gig bags. Supreme quality.

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    JP12 7 Cardinal Red F29322
    MAJESTY Glacial Frost M08083
    MAJESTY Ferrari Rosso M07113
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso M04775
    NOMAC MAJESTY Timeworn Matte Silver M06246
    MAJESTY Charred Silver Sparkle M08237
    MAJESTY Dargie 3 M08360
    MAJESTY Gremlin Green M0????

User Info Menu

RBX line by Reunion Blues is very protective & well-made. I've got a double gig bag & I carry two solid body electrics to the gig no problem.

User Info Menu

Gator Transit is nice. I use one for my jp. Lots of fit options with movable supports. Its almost just a portable case in a way. Great for the price. Lots of storage options and pockets too.
    Last edited by Fusionman; 07-21-2020 at 03:10 PM.
    2012 Fender American Special Tele sunburst w emg saís
    2007 EBMM JP6 Mystic Dream w/piezo, matching headstock, dot inlays (thanks Pete D)
    2005 Parker Nitefly Trans red
    2002 EBMM Axis Sport Trans gold, hum/hum, matching headstock, trem (thanks Mike Z)
    1984 custom Parts-O-Caster Strat Black w emg saís
    1976 Gibson 335 in sunburst