The Vault

Thread: String Lock Inserts for Tremolo on AX40 ?

User Info Menu

String Lock Inserts for Tremolo on AX40 ?

Hi everyone,

I have an AX40, the "old" model with the FR-style tremolo.

I lost 2 original string lock inserts, I bought some replacement ( Harley Benton Parts FR String Lock Insert – Thomann UK ) but unfortunately these ones are to big and do not fit in the tremolo of the AX40...

My question: is there any replacement for the String Lock Inserts for the Tremolo of the AX40 ?
    I really don't want to buy a new tremolo...
    Thanks !

Vincent
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails String Lock Inserts for Tremolo on AX40 ?-20200701_085357-jpg  

User Info Menu

Customer support will mail you replacement ones if you contact them. They did for my Axis Tribute which had a broken low E insert I found while changing strings for the first time...
    Gear
    1984 Gibson Les Paul Custom
    2010 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
    2011 Music Man Axis Tribute
    Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+ SRG Combo
    Fender Blues Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mikebu View Post
    Customer support will mail you replacement ones if you contact them. They did for my Axis Tribute which had a broken low E insert I found while changing strings for the first time...
    Not true that's a Sterling by Music Man AX40, not a EBMM guitar. They'll have to contact Sterling and see what they can do.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"