Straps 2020

Thread: NGD: I finally got a Valentine

User Info Menu

NGD: I finally got a Valentine

I'm not a huge Maroon 5 fan but I went to college in Nebraska at the same time as James Valentine and was a big supporter of his work on the local scene. Sadly I never got to play with him as he moved to California and the rest is history.

I've been stalking the EBMM Valentine since it was released and have loved them since playing them. I never found one at the right time but they've been at the top of the GAS list forever. I've almost bought the Sterling version several times but decided to hold out for the Ernie.

All I can say is WOW! It's one thing to play them in the store surrounded by people trying to do their best rendition of Little Wing or Hangar 18 but quite another to use your own gear and have all the time in the world. I love the sound and feel of this guitar, it's got an amazing chime that is a nice counterbalance to the darkness that my Luke 3 brings to the table.

Thanks for reading this far. Here's the important part.

User Info Menu

Congratulations!! That bird's eye maple neck looks really good. How about a photo of the back of the neck as well..?

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    JP12 7 Cardinal Red F29322
    MAJESTY Glacial Frost M08083
    MAJESTY Ferrari Rosso M07113
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso M04775
    NOMAC MAJESTY Timeworn Matte Silver M06246
    MAJESTY Charred Silver Sparkle M08237
    MAJESTY Dargie 3 M08360
    MAJESTY Gremlin Green M0????

User Info Menu

Absolutely stunning mate! Congrats
    Host of The Pop Society Presents... "Nashville Skies" - Live on Radio Free Matlock - Every 4th Thursday of the Month at 8pm UK Time, or Catch up on Mixcloud

https://www.mixcloud.com/radiofreema...tober-22-2020/

https://radiofreematlock.co.uk

Follow us on Twitter @NashvilleSkies

User Info Menu

Love it. The Valentine is an on/off thing for me as well, and I was fancying the trans buttermilk finish.
    Almost pulled the trigger on a Sterling, but I NEED a fat humbucker on the bridge for my main overdrive sounds. They should have built in the silent circuit for the bridge pickup...

But that one looks really, really good. Very nice ash figuring! Match made in heaven with the neck!
    2001 Axis Sport HH hardtail maple fretboard burnt apple
    2001 Axis SuperSport HH hardtail maple fretboard translucent gold
    1997 Axis Sport HSS hardtail maple fretboard translucent red (Pro Track in neck and Injector Neck in middle)
    2002 AL MM90 hardtail maple fretboard honeyburst converted to AL 2H (black Dimarzio Customs)

User Info Menu

Nice congrats!!!!

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    Almost pulled the trigger on a Sterling, but I NEED a fat humbucker on the bridge for my main overdrive sounds. They should have built in the silent circuit for the bridge pickup...
    There is no substitute for a bridge humbucker for sure. I traded a PRS CE24 (outstanding guitar) for the Valentine. It was the right move to make without a doubt but the PRS 85/15 pickups are something special and that bridge bucker is one thing I am keenly missing.

I do think EBMM hit it out of the park with these pickups overall though. It's an outstanding guitar for rhythm and jazz style lead work.
    --
    2013 Luke 3 HH in Bali Blue Burst
    2018 Valentine Tremolo in Satin Natural

User Info Menu

Nice one; congrats!

User Info Menu

The birdseye on that neck sucks
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you.

User Info Menu

That's an incredible specimen, nice snag!
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

Congrats! I REALLY like the natural finish!!!
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Looks great! Congrats
    2008 LE Silhouette Special SSS
    20th Silhoutte w/Piezo