New banner

Thread: What is the ownership structure of the Ernie ball company

User Info Menu

What is the ownership structure of the Ernie ball company

I ask, because, whatever their marketing defects, family owned businesses, seem to produce underlying better quality products than their shareholder owned equivalents.

Ref: Martin guitar compared with it's equivalents, or in the Uk, Glenfiddich whiskey compared with Glenlivet or Fortnum and Masons compared with Harrods(which has not been in the Harrods family for a long time)

Yes the above statements could be taken as gross generalisations.

User Info Menu

Pretty sure it is purely family owned - Sterling and Sons are the heads afaik. I tend to agree with you about ownership - it keeps it focused and keeps the passion in the company
    Host of The Pop Society Presents... "Nashville Skies" - Live on Radio Free Matlock - Every 4th Thursday of the Month at 8pm UK Time, or Catch up on Mixcloud

https://www.mixcloud.com/radiofreema...ember-24-2020/

https://radiofreematlock.co.uk

Follow us on Twitter @NashvilleSkies

User Info Menu

I’ll just have to marry in somehow . . . The hard way! Lol

The artist formerly known as "radrock"
    Axis Hardtail TransPurple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)

User Info Menu

Thanks for the replies. I wondered why so many EBMM were branded 'Sterling', at first I thought it was a hard sell 'Americanism', because calling a product Sterlng' other than silver bullion, in the UK is like a naff way of calling something the 'the best standard' which would'nt make sense given Sterling seems to be used for their value sub-brand.

Although I do like the Music man products over Fender or PRS(I've got the USA silhouette and a Sterling SB14 bass) I think the guitar names and the way they are categorized might be a bit dysfunctional for the uninformed buyer.