New Slinkys March 2020

Thread: JP15 tremolo cover loose

User Info Menu

Question JP15 tremolo cover loose

Hi,

Today I got my first music man, a sahara burst flame JP15, a gorgeous, great instrument. Feels and sounds fantastic. However there is two issues. First the silver cover on the tremolo that sits on top if the saddles “in the back” is loose. It makes sounds when doing a flutter or when i use the tremolo. From what I guess it is supposed to be held in place by two screws reachable from the bottom of the tremolo plate. Am i right that these can only be tightened when i remove the tremolo? The other thing is that the b string makes noises when i operate the tremolo, when the strings slips on the nut. I think some graphite powder could so the trick - or even new strings....

Cheers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Numb3r23 View Post
    Hi,

Today I got my first music man, a sahara burst flame JP15, a gorgeous, great instrument. Feels and sounds fantastic. However there is two issues. First the silver cover on the tremolo that sits on top if the saddles “in the back” is loose. It makes sounds when doing a flutter or when i use the tremolo. From what I guess it is supposed to be held in place by two screws reachable from the bottom of the tremolo plate. Am i right that these can only be tightened when i remove the tremolo? The other thing is that the b string makes noises when i operate the tremolo, when the strings slips on the nut. I think some graphite powder could so the trick - or even new strings....

Cheers
    If you look at the back edge of the bridge, there should be 8 small holes, six for adjusting intonation, and two more which are hex-head screws, which it sounds like from your description just need to be tightened. They hold the cover in place.
    ---------------
    Axis SS Semi-Hollow in Diablo Blue
    Hunter Hayes Cutlass in Lake Tahoe Blue
    Cutlass RS in Charging Green
    Luke 3 HH in Starry Night
    Valentine in Trans Maroon
    Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jones4tone View Post
    If you look at the back edge of the bridge, there should be 8 small holes, six for adjusting intonation, and two more which are hex-head screws, which it sounds like from your description just need to be tightened. They hold the cover in place.
    That is the case on the Valentine and iirc St Vincent, but the screws for the saddle cover on most of the JP line are most easily accessible when the trem is out of the cavity.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDuBaldo View Post
    That is the case on the Valentine and iirc St Vincent, but the screws for the saddle cover on most of the JP line are most easily accessible when the trem is out of the cavity.
    I stand corrected! Pete knows his stuff.

I was thinking the trem cover was retained by similar means as the Valentine an Cutlass bridges. Sorry for the misdirection.
    ---------------
    Axis SS Semi-Hollow in Diablo Blue
    Hunter Hayes Cutlass in Lake Tahoe Blue
    Cutlass RS in Charging Green
    Luke 3 HH in Starry Night
    Valentine in Trans Maroon
    Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo