VPJr Tuner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Luke III info is up on the web site.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TheSash View Post
    My new 2020 LIII in Bodhi Blue arrived today.
    I will do a comparison with my 2019 LIII with Transition Pickups tomorrow.
    NICE!!!

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

I'm just copying that from my Facebook post.

LIII 2020 with EBMM Pickups vs. LIII 2019 with Dimarzio Transition Pickups.

Many of you asking, what's the difference between the new LIII and the Dimarzio Transition Pickups.
    I did a quick comparison today.
    (sorry I can't do a video at this time, I'm moving to the new home right now)

I really really like the Transition Pickups in my 2019 LIII and I was wondering if the new EBMM Pickups will sound very similar.
    And I can say they are not but they are also not that far away from each other!

While the Transition Pickups are very fat and dark sounding Pickups the new EBMM have slightly less output, less bass and more highs.
    But... they are waaay more detailed, less compressed and more open sounding than the Transition Pickups.
    I love them!
    I would say that they are sounding like hotter EBMM Stingray Pickups.

You can totally play both guitars at the same gig but I would youse the Transition Pickups for tuning it a half step down etc.

Both guitars sound great but I wouldn't expect that they are sound that different and similar in the same way. I can fully understand that Steve loves the new Pickups.

Cheers
    Sash
    2019 LIII in Firemist Purple

2020 LIII in Fuchsia Sparkle

2021 LIII Cherry Burst Quilt Top

User Info Menu

Is there a way to send in the Original Luke III Transition Pickups and get the new EBMM OEM Pickups in exchange?
    I'm thinking about getting a Luke III HSS that has the older Transition Pickups but i Love the Limited Edition Color. Would be awesome to swap out the Pickups for the new ones.
    Music Man JP7 PDN 2012 Honey Roasted #F20403
    Music Man JP6 PDN 2013 Emerald Green Sparkle #G68213
    Music Man JP6 PDN 2014 Neptune Blue Roasted #G71474
    Music Man JP6 PDN 2016 Starry Night #G77086
    Music Man Bongo 5HH PDN 2015 Vintage Tobacco Burst #F44860

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812 View Post
    Is there a way to send in the Original Luke III Transition Pickups and get the new EBMM OEM Pickups in exchange?
    I'm thinking about getting a Luke III HSS that has the older Transition Pickups but i Love the Limited Edition Color. Would be awesome to swap out the Pickups for the new ones.
    Highly doubt that. I know other companies that do this sort of thing, but I've never known EBMM to do it. You'd have to get a new one and do the swap out yourself.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812 View Post
    They will not fit, the routing for the new EBMM Pickups are bigger (pickup mounting holes)
    So they won't fit into the routing for the Transition Pickups.

User Info Menu

New Luke III info is up on the web site.-screenshot_20200825_195803_com-android-gallery3d-jpg
    You have to modify the Guitar, or the Pickup mounting.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TheSash View Post
    They will not fit, the routing for the new EBMM Pickups are bigger (pickup mounting holes)
    So they won't fit into the routing for the Transition Pickups.
    Ooh, okay guess i'll get the new Luke with EBMM Pickups then. Maybe there's gonna be a nicer finish down the line
    Music Man JP7 PDN 2012 Honey Roasted #F20403
    Music Man JP6 PDN 2013 Emerald Green Sparkle #G68213
    Music Man JP6 PDN 2014 Neptune Blue Roasted #G71474
    Music Man JP6 PDN 2016 Starry Night #G77086
    Music Man Bongo 5HH PDN 2015 Vintage Tobacco Burst #F44860