New banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My one off HH AL - 10 Years on.... (Yes it's been that long!)

User Info Menu

Cool My one off HH AL - 10 Years on.... (Yes it's been that long!)

Hey knuckleheads, - I hope you're all keeping safe and well during these crazy times.

Thought I would post this....

This morning I was picking through some paperwork and found my receipt from my one off AL that BP very kindly agreed to build for me, - I am still blown away wit this, and brag at every possible chance!

I plugged it in this morning, for the first time in a while, and Oh man... this thing gets better with age. I cannot get my head around it being 10 years next month since I got it, - but I am Soooo in love, - it just feels amazing. the thing that sealed the deal for me in buying one (Apart from BP's generous gesture) - was a statement BP made about the rosewood getting better with age, -I didn't appreciate it at the time, but 10 years on it makes so much sense.

The pickups are killer too - I've not adjust the height since it arrived, -I plugged into my Mesa TA30 head and Marshall 4x12 (morning neighbours....) and rocked out from my arm chair,

the biggest thing I want to call out on the AL is the smile factor, - 10 years on and I am loving it STILL. I know i will never be interviewed as a rock star, but if the question was what guitar would you run into the burning building to save, it's clearly this one,- its an amazing all rounder, all the tones of the rainbow and the most amazing neck which is growing with me over time.

Thank you again to BP & The EBMM family for building the coolest guitars ever, and to keeping a old man smiling and smelly
    The Holy Trinity of Awesome design, tone and magic:

G50887 - This Albert Lee HH was completed on August 13th, 2010. 1 off- Lake Placid Blue
    N00363 - This Armada was completed on September 27th, 2013. Mint Green
    G47271 - This 25th Anniversary HH was completed on April 27th, 2009. Venetian Redburst

User Info Menu

Great story but I do not believe a word : there is no picture
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Sparkle Pink
    AL MM90 Sparkle Turquoise
    L3 HSS Olive Gold

User Info Menu

Great post! I'm rather fond of the Albert Lee model myself...
    The TA30 is a fabulous amp! (I know, I have one...

BUT, we need pics and build details...stat!
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

G50887 - This Albert Lee HH was completed on August 13th, 2010. 1 off- Lake Placid Blue
    G47271 - This 25th Anniversary HH was completed on April 27th, 2009. Venetian Redburst

User Info Menu

Nice Smelly!!! I remember that, really wow 10 years, damn.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Just curious, what is the blue called that was on the Guitar Center Editions from about 2010 to 2012? The couple I saw kinda looked LPB, but it could have been the camera or lighting.

User Info Menu

Oh my.... I hadn't seen your video until just now... Out-fing-standing!!

I haven't laughed that much in quite a while...THANK you!
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lost In Space View Post
    Just curious, what is the blue called that was on the Guitar Center Editions from about 2010 to 2012? The couple I saw kinda looked LPB, but it could have been the camera or lighting.
    If you're referring to this, it's called 'Turquoises Pearl'

*yes, I've changed the pickups & pick guard... only because I wanted to try these. The stock pups are fabulous too...
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

BTW, I loved your description of the AL's..... They are my very favorite guitar model as well!
    I also have a similar pair of the Blues Brothers!

*the GC Turquious Pearl "Turkish" in stock form...
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

I remember that thread from back in the day, Smelly! Glad to hear that the AL is still bringing you joy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xjbebop View Post
    Oh my.... I hadn't seen your video until just now... Out-fing-standing!!

I haven't laughed that much in quite a while...THANK you!
    oh man.....
    I forgot about that video!

YouTube took some of the audio off.... stoopid copyright !

Glad so many remember how awesome this company is and what a legend BP is

User Info Menu

Congrats nice AL, still have my Dargie Delite I AL, now had it for 12+ years nice to keep one for awhile

User Info Menu

Wow! I totally remember BP agreeing to do that for you, but can’t believe it’s been 10 years! Crazy! Even better that it remains *the* guitar for you. So awesome.
    Starry Night LIII HH
    DuBaldo Blue LIII HH
    Bali Burst LIII HH
    some other LIIIs
    25th Anniversary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sweat View Post
    Congrats nice AL, still have my Dargie Delite I AL, now had it for 12+ years nice to keep one for awhile

I swapped my DD luke for a Jukebox, - miss it lots, - import duties or not pal, if you're selling your DD AL.... let me know - Although due to a tax bill next year onwards please !!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Smellybum View Post
    If you're selling your DD AL.... let me know
    He isn't I've been after it for year, Hahahahahaha, I believe Keith mentioned "Cold dead hands".

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"